PROLOGUE

The sound of footsteps in that dark alley echoed through the dark. A shadow passed from above as the panting grew louder. A sweaty man stopped running as he surveyed his surroundings through his unfocused eyes.

The pounding of his heart was particularly loud together with his heavy breathing. He was frantically looking around for something that might appear anytime. His head was looking back and forth and that was when he noticed it.

Silence.

He moved again in panic, as he ran faster than before. He knew there was something after him but he did not know what it was. He was too afraid to look back. He continued running to a place where there were people in hopes that whatever was chasing him would not attack in a crowded place.

A smile appeared on his face when he finally saw the street lights and when he heard the loud honking of cars. He was now safe. The man let out a grateful sigh as he continued to run but when he was about to reach the busy night road, a shadow appeared above, then there was a loud thump on the ground. An enormous creature landed in front of him blocking his path to safety.

That night, a chilling scream tore through the peaceful night. Not even the loud buzz of activity was able to conceal that gruesome scene. No one knew what happened. There was no body, just a lot of blood splattered on the alley floor and walls. It was the only thing that was left of that unforgettable night.