INHUMAN 3: Venting

The night came and shrouded the city with darkness. Some people were still out partying or just plainly lounging around. Aliyah and her crew were getting ready for their patrol.

She was itching for a fight and was looking forward to letting out her anger towards the hunt. It would also be lucky if they found something she can beat up.

"So, what really happened?" A guy with midnight black hair and crystal green eyes asked Aliyah. He was the self-proclaimed friend of the woman. Aliyah just gave him a glare and completely ignored him.

"Hey, Loki, if I were you, stay away from Aliyah for now. Ever since she got out of the chief's office, she was already in a bad mood." One of the people in their crew patted the man's shoulder.

Loki once again looked at Aliyah. He shrugged his shoulders and went on to pester the lady. "Hey, Aliyah, so what did the general say?" He asked with a teasing smile.

Aliyah looked at the man and gave him a cold shoulder. This womanizer never failed to make her blood boil and she actually doesn't have the time for his nonsense so she decided to ignore him.

"Come on, you got to share it with us." Loki insisted and leaned nearer to Aliyah. In the blink of an eye, Loki was sprawled on the cold floor because of a sudden punch that hit him square in his face.

"Shut your mouth, I'm not in the mood to talk to a person like you." She turned back and left the room. Loki wiped the blood from his split lip and chuckled before he pushed himself up.

"Are you okay?" One of the enforcers looked at his busted lips and shook his head. "Told you not to piss off Walker."

"Well, my day won't be complete if I don't tease her at least." He shrugged his shoulders and followed the lady out of the door with light footsteps. He was sure that he would enjoy this night.

The team was assembled and ready by midnight. They were fully geared with their own weapons and flew up like ninjas. Their responsibility was to protect the city from criminals and unknown creatures that may appear out of nowhere.

They were people trained to kill even monsters. Enforcers not only deal with humans who broke the law but also creatures that were festering the world. They split up and went to their assigned areas to run a patrol.

Aliyah was partnered with Loki. They took the east side of the city and silently roamed around. They leaped through the roofs in search of any anomalies in the city.

"So can you tell me now, what you talked about with the general?" Loki took the chance to ask Aliyah while they were on one of the towers looking out at the city.

"It's none of your business," she continued to be alert and didn't give Loki so much attention.

The man remained silent for a moment before he spoke again. "Okay then if you can't tell me, I'll be here when you need help." He did not push it any longer and decided to let the woman off.

Aliyah did not answer and remained silent for the rest of their patrol. Nearing the end of their shift a shrill cry caught their attention. They looked at each other and rushed towards where the cry came from.

Landing on the ground, both of them were greeted with a bloody corpse sprawled on the pavement. Beside it was a strange creature with a lizard tail, two feet which were like a bird's and a human upper body. The most disturbing part of this is the razor-sharp teeth it used to gnaw on its victims and the sharp claws it used to pierce its prey.

The creature was a mix and match of different creatures which was categorized as Chimera, easy prey to handle. Just deal it with a blow in the head and it would easily die. It was not worth Aliyah's strength but she still needed to get rid of it.

Aliyah moved fast and pulled out her gun which was a modified Kimber 1911, which can carry ten fire blasting bullets per round. The bullets were specially made to explode after it hit the target. It ensures that the target would die on the spot. The gun was also equipped with a night sight that can increase the precision of the owner's shooting.

With Aliyah's high proficiency in using guns, she can hit the targets with a bullseye. She moved quickly and aimed at the Chimera's head and without any hesitation, pulled the trigger. Once the bullet was embedded on the monster's head, it exploded.

The monster fell on the ground dead. It never failed to amaze and impress Loki at how Aliyah gracefully dealt with the enemy. He then gave the woman an applause because it was the only thing he could do.

"Wow, I never get tired of how fast you do your job. It only took a minute for that Chimera to die." Loki was grinning while praising Aliyah.

The first time he saw Aliyah using a gun was during target practice when they just entered the Enforcer Station of Matrix City. She was able to hit all the bullseye of the seven target distances. It was really impressive but she was more impressive when slaying monsters.

She was akin to a warrior you watch and read who uses their weapon like it's an extension of their own body, graceful, quick, and deadly. This was also the reason why her nickname 'Red' was suitable for her.

"Enough, we better move on. If a Chimera is here, I'm sure that a group of them are lurking somewhere." Aliyah returned her gun to its holster and motioned for Loki to be on alert and survey the right side of the area while she would go to the left side.

Loki immediately turned serious and gave her a nod. They went on their way to look for the other Chimeras. A few meters from where the first Chimera appeared, Loki discovered another one. Aliyah was right, the cluster was not far away.

He clutched a crossbow from his back and aimed it at the Chimera that didn't even notice his presence. The crossbow was equipped with bows that also explode when it hits the target. It was very similar to Aliyah's gun but because of Loki's fondness for bows, he chose this weapon.

Before he could shoot the Chimera, a red glint suddenly flashed from his right, and without a moment's delay, he jumped back and dodged. He looked at where the attack came from and a curse came from his mouth.

"This night got more interesting." He stood up and changed the exploding arrows he got and pointed it to the creature in front of him.

A creature of about six meters stood in front of Loki. At first glance, it looked like just an ordinary tall guy but at a closer look one can see its red eyes, razor teeth, and a mouth dripping with blood, and sharp claws.

"What a stroke of bad luck to encounter one of you guys," Loki laughed at his own misfortune. To encounter a Vampiric level monster was something a rookie Enforcer dreamed of defeating because to be able to kill one could bring more merits but in reality, it was a nightmare.

There was a reason why they were called Vampiric because most of their characteristics were like those of a vampire's, especially because they like to drain their victims of their blood. They were also much faster than a Chimera.

He only sighed in acquiescence, to face something with inhuman speed would not be easy and he learned that the hard way. On the other hand, Loki knew someone who would be surely enjoying her time fighting this monstrosity.