INHUMAN 21: Diversion

After the members of the Optimum were settled, Major Weiss had a conversation with Alpha Clive. They were inside the Alpha's office and talked about business and about the information that he and the general gathered. After their conversation, Clive couldn't help but ask the man about Aizel.

"I didn't expect that the general would really have a son?" Clive commented after he closed the documents that contained all information that they talked about.

"He is not his biological son but the general dotes on him." Major Weiss answered followed by a nod.

"I saw him transforming his hands a while ago while we were fighting..." His voice faded as he ended that statement.

The major understood what the alpha wanted to say. "I'm sure that you already know that Cayn is also after him. That crazy man considers him his greatest creation and we thought that he already died but he appeared once again. Now that he is under the general's protection, the general will not let that man live."

Although the major did not directly say it, Clive could already guess who Aizel was. It was just that the confirmation made him feel a bit sympathetic. No human could bear that kind of cruelty, even among the supernatural beings, it would be too much. For him to survive must have been because he had something that he needed to do.

"I hope that it won't pose a problem, especially because of his state right now." Major Weiss was worried that the Alpha might suddenly change his mind after knowing the truth.

Clive shook his head, "No, and I'm grateful that he was here a while ago or my son would have been hurt. Speaking of, would go and check on him. I think he got hurt a while ago and when I suggested that he let the pack doctor look at him but he refused."

This news made the major flinch. "If that's the case, I need to go now Alpha." He stood up and left the office without looking back.

Clive was left in confusion but he did not follow. He couldn't meddle in their business as it was enough for them to just cooperate. Besides, it would be impolite to do so.

Major Weiss did not slow down as he walked the path leading to the separate house where Aizel was. It was already worrying that the child was getting easily irritable and now he was hurt. He took out his phone and dialed the general's number.

The line rang just as he entered the house but just as the phone was answered, it disappeared from his hands. Weiss looked to the side and saw a frowning, Aizel. He had the phone in his hand and when the general spoke from the other side, he did not think twice and crushed it.

"Why are you calling my father?" Aizel asked as he gritted his teeth. He was glaring at the major and had his hands clenched.

"Because you are hurt. The Alpha already told me. You don't want the pack doctor to look at you so I will need a medical team to come and check on you." Weiss didn't flinch and faced the young man's dark gaze.

"I'm fine." Aizel averted his gaze and shrugged his shoulders.

"You are not." The major looked at him from head to toe and knew that there was already something wrong.

"Tsk, what do you know? Are you a doctor?" Aizel walked away from Weiss and took a seat on the couch on the house's living room.

"I am not a doctor but I can clearly say that there's something wrong with you. I already knew for years, so yes, I know something." Weiss wasn't deterred by the young man's coldness and brushing him off.

Aizel wasn't pleased. He was about to scold the major when they heard the alarm going off once again. Hours merely passed after the first attack and now they were here again to cause trouble. Weiss let go of the matter but he did not forget.

Both men left the house and met with the Alpha who was holding Dawn in the living room of the other house. There were already a dozen werewolves inside and members of the Optimum were also there.

"Aizel, you stay here and protect the omega. We will deal with the intruders." Weiss ordered to which the young man wasn't happy about. "Don't frown and this is an order."

Because he couldn't argue, Aizel grumbled but he still nodded his head. Clive together with his warriors and Major Weiss left the house to deal with the intruders.

Dawn looked up at Aizel with worried eyes. "Will you be alright?" He asked which caught the young man off guard.

"Yes, why are you asking me instead of asking about your father?" Aizel asked backed as he could not understand the reasoning behind the child's sudden question.

Dawn shook his head. "I know that my father will be fine. Even that man who was with him, they will be fine. I am worried about you, big brother because there's something unpleasant around you." He explained as he scrunched his eyebrows and forehead.

Aizel chuckled and ruffled the child's hair. "You don't have to worry about me too. I will be fine and so will you."

The sound of fighting sounded in the forest as warriors fight against the Tenebrae that were sent to hurt their omega. These Tenebrae were more vicious than what they faced a few hours ago. They were brutal and merciless. Most of the Tenebrae had a mind of their own and wouldn't rush in a fight but these guys were different.

Even after getting pinned to the ground or getting stabbed, they would still stand up and attack. They were like mindless puppets, a sacrificial offering to achieve their goal. This matter did not escape Weiss and Clive's observation.

Because of that, they decided to deal with them with one blow. Using the mind link of the pack, Clive passed his command and told all the warriors to decapitate and remove the hearts of the Tenebrae in order for them to be dead indefinitely. Weiss did the same to the members of the Optimum using their technological communication.

They fought with one goal in mind, to destroy the enemy. The wolves used their claws and pierced through the bodies of the Tenebraes to pull out their hearts while the others used their strength and just straight away pulled their heads.

The Optimum members on the other hand used their retractable swords to separate heads from bodies. They moved through the shadows, almost not making a sound, and eliminated enemies along their way. They wasted no time and every swing of their swords, a Tenebrae would fall to the ground.

They did what they could to defeat all the enemies but it was not easy. When they thought that all the Tenebrae were dead, another wave would replace them. It was wave after wave that it felt endless. The forest became even more eerie as more and more mangled bodies fell to the ground.

Weiss couldn't count how many Tenebrae he had defeated already. He was trained and had a good stamina but the endless waves of enemies were bound to weaken even a trained soldier like him. Clive was doing well but he knew that he would reach his limit soon. He was even forced to take on his wolf form but the sight of enemies coming from all direction made him grit his teeth.

The metallic smell of blood filled the air. The howls and growls continued to echo and fill the entire forest. The warriors were slowly losing focus and became sluggish with their movements but the enemies were relentless in their attacks.

"Cayn Calhoun," Clive growled. He won't ever forgive and forget that man.

While they were focused on the fight, smoke bombs suddenly fell from the sky and landed on the exact places where they were fighting. Smoke started to fill the forest and the both Tenebrae and werewolves fell on their knees.

It was some kind of poison that weakens anything that inhales it. Once they realize what it was, Clive and Weiss did their best to not inhale the smoke. The other werewolves were not lucky as they fell to the ground.

Clive slowly felt his body getting numb and his vision getting hazy. Even if he covered himself, the dense smoke inside the forest still affected him. He shook his head but no matter what he did, he still fell unconscious. Weiss on the other hand was in the same predicament but unlike the others, he had something on him that could help him.

From his pocket, he pulled out a small cylinder just the size of small battery. He pressed the top part of the cylinder and a needle appeared. He then used it to stab his thighs and administer the liquid antidote inside it. After that, he pulled out something from the bag that was hanging on his waist and pressed a button in it that transformed it into a gas mask.