INHUMAN 16: Observing

"Welcome to the ace team!" Loki warmly greeted him after his identity was verified.

He made his way towards Aizel and shook his hands. To say he was excited was an understatement, he was bubbling inside because he knew that a storm was brewing in the horizon and he won't miss it.

"Thank you," Aizel returned the handshake.

"No need for a thank you, instead let's work harmoniously!" Loki laughed while imagining what would happen in the future.

Aizel smiled. "Then, I will be in your care from now on."

Loki patted Aizel's shoulder as if they were really close. After the introduction, Aizel and Chief Andrews left. Aizel would report to the Enforcer Station tomorrow and they were instructed to prepare. The whole afternoon, Loki's team cleaned and rearranged their office and brought a spare table and seat for Aizel.

"No, don't put it there. You should place the table beside Enforcer Walker, in that way she could have the time to teach our new member and so that Aizel could easily ask our team leader anything that he doesn't understand regarding our hunts or our work inside the office." Loki gave a very reasonable and believable idea that no one from his team argued, they nodded in understanding and place the table beside Aliyah's table with a few inches separating their tables.

"Stop frowning and smile, you should be thankful that an additional extra pair of hands was added to our team. Now our workload will at least become lighter now that we have a sixth member." Loki spoke in front of Aliyah but he was still ignored. The rest of the day was so silent that one might think that they were not in.

"Just a reminder, don't worry about him because he is able to protect himself without anybody's help," Aliyah returned to her table and focused his energy on doing her works. Loki didn't speak again and also continued on his work.

The next day that Aizel appeared in front of his new team the atmosphere turned a bit stiff. The other three enforcers in the group remained silent and didn't know how to interact with their new member. Aliyah was minding her own business and ignored them all while Loki smilingly approached Aizel and hooked his arm on his shoulders. He was acting like they were best buddies.

Loki was more talkative than he normally was with Aizel. He was talking of everything he could think of and Aizel was acting very enthusiastic about all the topics and gossip Loki would share with him. He would also occasionally nod in response and sometimes give a short response. The scene completely baffled the other members of the team while Aliyah remained uninterested.

Even during the night patrol, Loki was nonstop from talking and the others also found themselves joining in the conversation. Only Aliyah was left out of the loop as she did not want to bother with them.

"Oh yes by the way, do you know that Aliyah has a nickname amongst us enforcers?" Loki gestured with his eyebrows with an eager voice. He couldn't wait to share every knowledge and information he knew with this new team member, especially those things about Aliyah.

These words actually piqued Aizel's attention, "Oh, really? What is it?"

"Some call her the cold-blooded queen or a berserker or ice queen but most of us call her Red." Noticing that Aizel was paying attention to what he was saying Loki continued without any hesitation. "She has a very bad temper and would kill monsters mercilessly that's why enforcers would call her many names. Isn't that cool?" He added without hesitation.

Aizel nodded, he casted a glance at Aliyah who was seriously observing their surrounding and looking for any signs of Tenebrae. Feeling a gaze directed at her, she glanced at Aizel and frowned at him.