INHUMAN 25: Lunch

His movements were extremely cautious as he did not want to startle to young man. Once he was within range, he raised his hand that was holding the syringe. His target was Aizel's neck.

Gale narrowed his eyes and looked at his target intently. He moved his down at the fastest speed he could. The syringe was about to pierce through his skin but it was stopped by Aizel's wings that suddenly opened.

Instead of the neck, the syringe hit the bony part of the wing that caused the needle to bend. Gale looked at Aizel's back with wide eyes before he was flung back. The strength of Aizel's wings was enough to knock the breath out of him.

Aizel opened his eyes after that first encounter. He could hear coughing and wheezing from behind him and through his muddled mind, he stood up. He slowly turned around and faced the man who attempted to stuck something on him.

After coughing for a while, Gale managed to stand up and came to face with an unstable Aizel. His eyes were vacant which also means that he didn't recognize Gale. Aizel looked at him for a moment as if deciding what he should do.

Gale took this chance to move first. He lunged forward and successfully held Aizel's shoulders. This action prompted the young man to resist but Gale wouldn't let go. The wings behind Aizel's back started to flap wildly as he struggled to get off the man who was holding him.

The former military man did not loosen his grip and instead gripped his shoulders tightly. He then freed one of his hands and fished out the syringe on the container. With one swift movement, he stuck the syringe on his neck. He then pressed the top part of the syringe to release the tranquilizer within it.

Gale smirked after the job was done but before he could fully celebrate, a tail appeared and swatted him away. It did not stop there as the tail swung once again and struck him on his side. After those two attacks, the tranquilizer started to work.

Aizel wobbled as he was shaking his head to get rid of the fuzziness in his vision. After a while, he finally fell on the floor unconscious. Major Weiss who was watching from the outside took this as his cue to enter the scene.

He checked on Gale first who was on the floor. The man was holding his side and groaning from the pain. Weiss did a preliminary check and found that he broke a rib. With that, he signaled for the Optimum to enter too.

The unconscious Aizel and the injured Gale were both carried away. Weiss also instructed them to take one body from the dead Tenebrae inside the house as a sample specimen. After making sure that there was nothing amiss and that there was nothing that would give them away, Weiss returned to where the pack was.

"The crisis isn't over yet. I will be leaving some of the members of the Optimum here with you. The general will be in contact with you soon," Major Weiss informed the Alpha. After a few more exchanges, Weiss left.

At 6 am, the Enforcer Station was just starting its day. Loki came in as early as usual since his house was just nearby. He greeted the guard and the others who were already there before he went to their office.

As he opened the door, he immediately saw that Aizel was there. He was focused on what was on his table. Loki tiptoed towards him and leaned forward to see what he was so focused about.

"Why are you so focused on a food menu?" Loki asked when he saw that the other was actually looking through several pages of menu from a famous restaurant in the city.

"I wasn't able to join the patrol yesterday, so I was thinking of treating the rest of you to lunch." Aizel answered without looking back at the man. "I need to choose the food in advance so they could prepare it earlier. Do you have any suggestion?" With that question, he looked up at Loki.