"My Angel in Disguise" 40

“There they are” said Daphne when she saw Russell and Kathryn walking. “I have to help her remember” Tiffany thought as she looked at Kathryn. “Kathryn” Tiffany called her, “Yeah?” Kathryn asked. “Do you want to know why everybody’s acting weird around you?” Tiffany asked as she watched Kathryn prepare her milk for the night. “Yeah of course, I want to” Kathryn said as she sat on her bed. Tiffany sat beside her and looked at her. “The story is like this, you all remind us of someone we know” Tiffany told her. Kathryn showed enthusiasm and placed her glass of milk on the table then listened to Tiffany.

“We have this friend; she’s so kind, gentle, sweet, loving and generous. Everybody loves her well except for some who were insecure of her” Tiffany shared. “Why? Is she that beautiful?” Kathryn asked, “No, insecure that people love her so much. I was one of them” Tiffany told her. “But, she changed me too, she made friends with me even though I wasn’t treating her like one. We became good friends then before she left us” Tiffany went on. “What happened to her?” Kathryn asked, “She died; she… she was trapped inside a burning house trying to save me” Tiffany claimed as her eyes become teary. “She saved you even though you just became friends for a short period of time?” Tiffany nodded as tears came rolling down her cheek. “She saved me and got herself trapped inside the house, she was burned to death” Tiffany said.

“The volunteers said that, she might’ve pushed me because she saw that the big post on fire was about to hit us. I fell on the corridor way, almost near the exit but she was trapped inside the room, maybe she was even hit by the post that caused her to be unconscious. The fire grew bigger, I was rescued but when they were about to go in to save her, the foundation of the house collapsed, they had to wait for the fire to be completely exhausted before they could go look for her” Tiffany went on as she cried. “Unfortunately, they didn’t find her” she ended the story.

“We all thought she had been burned in there together with my old house” Tiffany added. Tiffany was looking at Kathryn as she had a deep thought. “Ah, the old brown house with a tree at the back; Tiffany, Tiffany; we’re almost there Tiffany!” Kathryn started to hold her head, “Kathryn, are you alright?” Tiffany asked her. “Kathryn?” Kathryn suddenly held Tiffany’s wrist tightly and asked “The old brown house with a tree at the back; did we even talk about this?” Tiffany looked at Kathryn and thought. “Are you okay?” she asked her repeatedly. “My head hurts; thoughts and memories came to me but, I can’t put them back together, it’s so hard Tiffany” Kathryn told her as she cried. Tiffany hugged her and thought “It’s good to have you back Cyndi. I will help you recall.”

“You know, the cookies I shared to all of you seems familiar too” said Kathryn. “Even the person who gave them to you?” Tiffany asked Kathryn as they walked on the beach. “Well, I have to be honest that lately, I just thought that everyone’s so familiar to me, even the waitress in the restaurant we once ate at” Kathryn told her. Tiffany looked at Kathryn and smiled. “How about us?” she asked Kathryn. Kathryn looked on the sand and then at Tiffany, “Yeah but…” “But?” asked Tiffany. “When I see Daniel, I have this heavy feeling and when I see Russell, I secretly smile” said Kathryn as she laughed.  “That, I don’t know” said Tiffany. “I guess I need help, I don’t know everything but I have to keep it as a secret since, I’m not very sure yet” Tiffany thought.