"My Angel in Disguise" 21

Cyndi walked her way home and passed by the flower shop. Gloria saw her and waved at her as she passed by. When she got home, she saw a Champagne Rose on her apartment door, she looked around but saw no one. She picked it up and smiled. Cyndi saw that the rose Russell gave her is getting old and dying, so she decided to put it inside a book then she placed the new rose on the vase. Cyndi took a bath and sat down on her bed. She looked at her photo with her family. “I miss mom and dad so much. Even if I go home, no one’s there to make me feel comfortable” said Cyndi as she placed the picture frame back.

“Cyndi, we’re moving” said Natalie with a sad face. “Oh, why?” asked Cyndi. My dad bought a house somewhere and he decided to move there now. “I see, well, I’m going to miss you” said Cyndi. “We won’t be able to go home together” said Natalie as tears fell. “Don’t cry now Natalie, we will still see each other” said Cyndi as she hugged Natalie. “Thank you for everything, my sister” she whispered Natalie. “I’ll be going now Cyndi” she told Cyndi as she went to the elevator. “Why are you crying?” asked Jenny, Natalie’s mother. “I’m going to miss a friend here mom” Natalie answered her mother.

Russell sat on the bleachers and looked around, “My friends are slowly fading” he thought. “Hey Ssel” said Natalie as she sat beside him. “What are you thinking of?” she asked him, “My friends are fading, I wonder why” said Russell as he fixed his bag. Natalie smiled and answered, “Well, you originally have two close friends, one started a love triangle and the other is still here for you” said Natalie as she looked at Russell. Russell turned to look at her and smiled. Natalie blushed and looked the other way. “I hope we don’t start one then” Russell told Natalie as he stood up then walked away. “Start one?” Natalie asked as she looked at Russell.

“Cyndi, I’m going to visit my old house later” Tiffany shared Cyndi. “That’s good then” said Cyndi. “I’ll take pictures of me when I was still young so you can see them” said Tiffany as she bid goodbye to Cyndi. “Bye!” said Cyndi as she turned back and saw Daphne. “Daphne” said Cyndi; “Do you hate me Cyndi?” asked Daphne as they sat on the ground. “No, I don’t, why would I?” asked Cyndi. “I just noticed that we… we have this gap between us. It’s like a very tall wall that served as a barrier of our friendship and it’s getting thicker too” said Daphne. “Daphne, I’m sorry for my shortcomings. I think I just can’t be by your side at all times” said Cyndi. “Cyndi, I think it’s my fault, I’ve been selfish and conceited, I founded the wall and now I don’t know how to break it down” said Daphne as she sighed. “Daphne, walls aren’t designed to separate people, they are made to protect something or maybe to make something stronger. Maybe you were just protecting yourself and even me. You’re not being selfish, you’re being protective” Cyndi encouraged Daphne.

“I don’t get it, why are you so understanding and kind yet you don’t get the proper treatment you deserve?” said Daphne. “Daphne, I love you as my best friend, that will never change, okay? No matter how many hurricanes cross our ways, we would still have each other” Cyndi assured Daphne. Cyndi stood up and bid goodbye to her friend. “Cyndi” shouted Daphne, “Thank you, take care” said Daphne as she smiled. Cyndi waved goodbye at her and left. Daphne decided to go look for Daniel and talk to him.