"My Angel in Disguise" 1

“Cyndi, you might want to comb your hair? It’s getting fluffier and kinkier by the moment” said Daphne as she touched Cyndi’s hair. Cyndi closed her locker and looked at Daphne, “What? I’m just saying the truth, no hard feelings” answered Daphne as carried her books. “I love them just the way they are Daph and you know that” Cyndi told Daphne as they walked along the corridor. “But best friend, I’m just worried that you’re not going to find a boyfriend” Daphne told Cyndi with a sigh. “You don’t have to look one for me. Love will find its way to me, okay? Concern appreciated though” Cyndi told her best friend with a smile.

They entered the rest room; Daphne combed her hair and fixed her make up. Cyndi looked at her then later on the mirror. “What’s wrong with me?” she asked herself with a sad face. Daphne saw her frowned and looked down; “Cyndi, don’t be sad, you may not be that attractive but inside you is a golden heart” Daphne cheered her up. “I don’t get it, what’s wrong with me having kinky and fluffy hair, retainers and thick eye glasses?” Cyndi asked Daphne. “They make you look like a dork Cyndi” a voice answered when someone went out from one of the cubicles.

Daphne and Cyndi looked back and saw Tiffany walking towards the mirror. Tiffany fixed her hair and put perfume all over her; “Almost all girls here in this school fix themselves. I don’t know about you Cyndi” Tiffany told her. “Oh well, nice chatting with you two, see you later” Tiffany said as she opened the door then went out. “Chatting? She didn’t even hear our sides, chatting was supposed to be an interaction” said Daphne as she looked at the mirror. “Oh Cynds, don’t let her words stay in your mind” she added as she made her friend smile. “I won’t” Cyndi assured Daphne.

At lunch, Cyndi let Daphne go ahead because she still waited for her lunch. “Okay, I’ll be at our favorite spot, okay?” Daphne told Cyndi as she walked away. After Cyndi got her lunch, she walked to their favorite spot. Suddenly, a ball hit her head so hard that she fell to the ground. Two boys came running to her and helped her up. “We’re so sorry, we didn’t mean to hit you” said one of them. Daphne saw them then quickly ran to them; “Cyndi, are you okay?” Daphne asked as she wiped Cyndi’s uniform. “I’m fine, I just can’t see clear” Cyndi answered as she blinked her eyes as if she cannot see. “We’re really sorry, we didn’t mean to” the boys apologized.

“Daniel?” Daphne asked as she looked at him. “You know me?” Daniel asked with curiosity. “Yeah, I live near your place” Daphne answered as she kept on wiping Cyndi’s uniform. “Oh I remember, my mom knows your mom, right?” Daniel asked Daphne with a smile. “Okay, now is not the time to chat, help me? I can’t see clear” Cyndi said as she looked for her eye glasses. The other boy picked up something and said “I think I found her eye glasses.” They all looked at the broken eye glasses as he held it. “What’s wrong with my glasses?” Cyndi asked as she noticed that they became quiet. “Cyndi, they’re broken” Daphne told Cyndi as she took it from the other boy’s hand. “Can’t you really see because if you really can’t, I have to bring you to the clinic or accompany to buy another one” Daphne told Cyndi.