"My Angel in Disguise" 30

“Let’s go back, we’re going to eat” said Daphne as he tapped Russell at the back. Russell stood up and walked with her. They were talking of something and all laughing. But Russell remained still and quiet. “Ssel, will you please be happy, even just for now?” asked Daniel. Russell just looked at him and frowned. “It’s as if the world’s about to end, huh? We’re all sad here Russell, not only you. I prepared this for us, so we can have fun before we go on our own vacations yet you’re there, frowning” Daniel went on. “Daniel” said Daphne as she stopped Daniel. “I’m going away for awhile” said Russell as he packed his things. “Where are you going?” asked Tiffany. “On a vacation” he told her, “You’ll be back, right?” Tiffany asked again. Russell looked at her and didn’t say a thing.

“Natalie, someone’s outside, he’s looking for you” said Jenny as she left the gate of their house. “Who is it?” asked Natalie then he saw Russell outside of their house. “Where are you going?” Natalie asked him with surprise. “On a vacation” said Russell, “Oh” Natalie uttered. “Natalie, remember my favor?” Russell asked Natalie, “Yeah, I’ll call you” said Natalie. “Russell, take good care of your self, okay?” Natalie told him. “I will” he replied and bid goodbye to Natalie. She waved at Russell as their van drove away.

Another van came and passed by Natalie then entered the mansion opposite their place and one house away. Natalie looked at the van as it entered the gate of the mansion. “I thought nobody lived there” said Natalie as she went back to her house. “Who was that?” asked Jenny, “Oh, he’s Russell, he’s my classmate mom” Natalie told her mother as she went upstairs. Helen was looking at Russell and talked to him, “I’m glad you came with us this time” she told her son.

One month passed by, Natalie was walking and saw the old building where Cyndi used to live. She went to Cyndi’s apartment and saw that someone resides there. Natalie called Russell and told him that somebody else lived there but, it was neither Cyndi nor her relatives. “What? You’ve got to be kidding me, right?” Natalie asked Russell in a phone call. “You’re going to leave us then? We’re slowly fading away, you know that? You can move on without leaving us!” Natalie said then she hanged up.

“What? He’s planning to transfer schools?” asked Daniel. “He’s completely gone insane” said Daniel. “Daniel, will you please have more understanding?” asked Daphne as she sat beside Daniel. “It’s not easy to lose someone you truly love” said Tiffany as she played with her rubix cube. They all looked at Tiffany, “Love?” they asked. Tiffany looked back at them and smiled sarcastically. “All three of you are Russell’s closest friends, don’t tell me that you don’t see what I see?” asked Tiffany. “What do you see?” asked Daphne. “Russell loves Cyndi, even the day they became close or whatsoever” answered Tiffany as she solved the cube. “How would you know?” asked Daniel. “I have eyes” she answered Daniel. “You’re not even close to any of them” said Natalie. Tiffany smiled and told them, “That’s one magic of life; sometimes, the person not close to you is the one who can really see and understand your thoughts and feelings.”