"My Angel in Disguise" 13

“Hey Cyndi, I heard you’re giving out flowers” said Daniel as he leaned on the bleachers with Natalie and Russell. “Well yeah but she’s out of them” said Daphne. “You forgot us!” said Daniel. “Daniel, they’re just flowers” said Natalie. Cyndi smiled, took her paper bag and took out two pieces of Marigolds. She gave one to Daniel and to Natalie as she smiled at them. When she reached Russell, she took another flower out of her paper bag. “Here’s for you” she said as she handed the Champagne Rose to Russell.

Russell looked at her and took the flower. “Why did you give him a different flower, ohhh… you like him, don’t you?” asked Daniel teasingly. Russell then looked at Cyndi, “No. It’s because he’s different from everyone else” said Cyndi. Russell kept looking at Cyndi, wondering why he’s different. “How’s he different?” asked Natalie. “He doesn’t speak much when I’m around, he’s somehow frigid, and most of all, Champagne Rose came into my mind when I thought of giving him a flower” Cyndi answered.

“Why did you give away flowers?” asked Russell as he looked at the Champagne Rose he held. “Flowers represent happiness, they make people happy and I want people to know that all of us deserve to be happy even in the darkest times of our lives” Cyndi said. “I’ll go home now since I gave away all of the flowers” said Cyndi. “Wait Cyndi, I’ll go with you” said Natalie as she grabbed her bag and followed.

“I really want to court Cyndi” said Daniel seriously. “Why don’t you?” asked Daphne. “I think it’s not yet time” said Daniel. “Well, if you’re waiting for her to be beautiful, just keep on dreaming” Daphne told Daniel. “Oh, so I’ll court you then” said Daniel as she sat beside Daphne. Russell was still looking at the rose, “Flowers represent happiness, they make people happy and I want people to know that all of us deserve to be happy even in the darkest times of our lives” he kept on thinking.

“Stanley, Cyndi left something for us” said Daisy as he prepared for supper. “What did she leave?” asked Stanley. “Here, open it” said Daisy. Stanley opened the paper bag and saw three Marigolds, a toy and a note. “Flowers represent happiness, they make people happy and I want people to know that all of us deserve to be happy even in the darkest times of our lives” Stanley read out loud. “She’s so sweet” said Daisy. “Looks like, she really won’t forget us” said Stanley. Daisy sat with him and said “What she said, she meant it. She said she’d help you look for a job, a job came to you, she said she’s happy to meet us and will never forget us, she’ll be keeping her promises.” Daisy placed the three flowers on the vase and placed it on the dining table.

Cyndi went to the church and looked for the lady and fortunately she saw her. “Hey” Cyndi said to the lady. “Yes, would you like to buy flowers?” the lady asked. “Oh no, but can you go with me for awhile?” Cyndi asked. “I’d be happy to go with you but I still have to sell these flowers” the lady told Cyndi. “How much are all of your flowers?” she asked the lady. “They cost around two thousand, why?” the lady answered. “I promise to buy all of your flowers just so you come with me” Cyndi said as she pleaded.