"My Angel in Disguise" 29

Tiffany just smiled at Russell as he shared his story. “You actually love her” said Tiffany as she looked at him. “I think I do” Russell answered, “But, it was late that…” he uttered, “It’s never too late and besides, I believe that God has something better for you” Tiffany assured him. “That day you looked at her” said Tiffany as she took a deep breath. “You were so… concerned and I just can’t explain that look” she added. “When?” asked Russell, “When we were soaking wet because of the rain. I saw you look at us” Tiffany answered. “I was afraid that you’d do something crazy to her again” Russell said. “No, I was surprised too that she was also sitting on the school’s roof top. That’s the most memorable thing that happened to me” said Tiffany. “I surely miss her too” she continued.

“So how was the last day of school?” asked Helen as she opened the door for Russell. “It was fine” Russell answered as he climbed up the staircase. “Oh, we planned to go on a trip before we go on our own vacation” he shared his mother. “Russell, granny also planned a trip for us, I hope you’re coming with us” said Helen. Russell just smiled and nodded as he went upstairs. “Where’s Russell?” asked Rose. “He went upstairs” said Helen, “I really am sad for him. I also lost my friend Helen, she’s not meeting me anymore at the park” said Rose. “The one whom you always talk about?” asked Helen. “Yes. It’s been a year now. She didn’t tell me anything the last time we met” said Rose with a sad face. “I could use a vacation Helen, that’s why I prepared one” granny added.

Russell went to the piano and played the same old sad melody. After playing, his mother talked to him. “Russell, we can feel the pain you’re feeling. Ssel, it’s been a year now yet you still haven’t moved on. I’m worried about you and Rose, both of you are suffering” said Helen. “Mom, it takes time to heal wounds but even though the wound is healed, scars will be left. I’m sorry if I’m making you worry” Russell told his mom. “I really wish I had the chance to meet that girl, she changed you a lot” said Helen as she hugged her son.

“Hey, I got a high grade on Math! That is so cool!” shouted Daniel as he looked at his report card. “He’s so happy with it” said Natalie with a smile. “Hey, we’re all going this Saturday! Same old meeting place, okay?” said Daniel as he reminded them. “Am I coming too?” asked Tiffany. They all looked at Tiffany, “Of course, you’re invited” said Russell. “I wasn’t informed and no one invited me” she told them. “Why didn’t you tell her Daniel?” asked Natalie, “I thought Daphne will tell her” said Daniel. “Me? You didn’t tell me anything” said Daphne. “She’s with me” said Russell as he fixed his bag. Tiffany looked at Russell and smiled. “Sorry Tiffany!” Daphne and Natalie apologized as they hugged her.

They were crossing the bridge to the place where they once went. “Why did we go here again?” Daphne whispered to Natalie. “I don’t know, Daniel chose this, again. We’ve already been here before” Natalie answered. The rest kept walking as Russell was left on the bridge; he was looking at the river and the view. “Hey, let’s go” Tiffany told him.

“Where’s Russell? He’s always missing” said Daniel. “Daniel” said Daphne as she pinched him. “Well, I’ll look for him” said Natalie, “No, let me; I know where he is” said Daphne with a smile. Russell was sitting on the swing and remembering how he gently pushed the swing when Cyndi was sitting there. Daphne walked to Russell and asked “Having fun?” Russell looked at Daphne and slowly nodded. “You don’t look like you’re having fun Russell. I know you’re missing her, well, I miss her too” Daphne told him.