"My Angel in Disguise" 16

“Hey, are you okay now?” Daniel asked Cyndi. Cyndi smiled at Daniel and nodded. “Sorry for what my friends did” Daniel apologized. “It’s okay, they already apologized to me” Cyndi said as she looked at the sky. “Daniel!” shouted Daphne bringing with her some food. “I brought you some food” she told Daniel as she sat beside him. Cyndi saw them and stood up right away, “Hey, where are you going?” asked Daniel. “I wanted to ride the swing” Cyndi answered as she walked. “Do you want me to come with you?” he asked her. “No, I want to be alone” Cyndi answered as her eyes became teary.

Cyndi walked and walked and finally reached shore. She went to the wooden platform and sat there to look at the night sky. “What’s wrong with me? Am I different from the others?” Cyndi asked herself. She took off her eye glasses and placed them beside her. Someone sat down beside her and took her eye glasses away. When Cyndi looked for her eye glasses, “Kindly give me back my glasses, I can’t see” she said. “Then why did you have to take them off?” the person asked. “I…” she uttered. “You were asking awhile ago what’s wrong with you, are you different from others” the person said. Cyndi became quiet, “Nothing’s wrong with you and yes you’re different, because you’re perfect for me” he said as he returned the eye glasses and ran away.

Cyndi put on her glasses and looked for the person but couldn’t find him. Beside her is a plate full of chocolates. Cyndi smiled and ate them. “I think he’s Russell” she thought as she ate the chocolates.

“Did you enjoy the trip?” Daniel asked Cyndi, “Well, yeah” she answered. “Too bad I didn’t enjoy it with you” Daniel said then Cyndi suddenly stopped walking and looked at him. Daniel kept smiling and looking at her. “I think you enjoyed the trip too Daniel” Cyndi said and left him. “Cyndi!” Daniel called out but she ran away. “Hey, Daniel, what’s up?” asked Daphne as she stood beside him. “Oh, Daphne, I…” uttered Daniel. “For you” said Daphne as she handed out a box of sweets. “Oh, thank you Daphne” said Daniel as he took the box. “Daphne, can you do me a favor?” asked Daniel as he looked Daphne in her eyes.

Cyndi and Daphne were in their classroom, copying their assignments. Daphne then passed a note to Cyndi as she continued copying. Cyndi saw the note and opened it, “Cyndi… What’s up with you? Why are you ignoring Daniel lately?” the note said. Cyndi glanced at Daphne and answered her question. “I’m not avoiding him, I happen to be busy and have no time to chat” Cyndi answered. “He wants to meet you later during vacant, he insisted and if you don’t meet him, he won’t be talking to me” Daphne said, Cyndi looked at the blackboard and crumpled the paper. Daphne saw Cyndi and thought “I never saw her serious before.”

Cyndi went out to the garden during her vacant and waited for Daniel. “Cyndi, I’m glad you came” Daniel said as he walked to Cyndi. “What is it that you need?” Cyndi asked Daniel as she looked at him with sincerity. “I need you” Daniel told Cyndi as he walked nearer Cyndi. Daniel looked Cyndi in the eyes and spoke “You’re beautiful in my eyes… but, I want others to see your beauty too.”