"My Angel in Disguise" 42

Kathryn followed Ms. Alyson, “Ms. Alyson” she called her teacher. They went to the roof top where nobody can hear them talk. “I heard your conversation with the doctor and… I’m sorry” said Kathryn. Ms. Alyson smiled at Kathryn and said “It’s alright, I trust you.” “What happened to your brother?” Kathryn asked, “He needs blood transfusion Kathryn. He needs to undergo an operation and the doctors said he might lose a lot of blood” Ms. Alyson answered Kathryn. “I just can’t look at my brother like that, we’re the only two left in our family, I don’t want to lose him” Ms. Alyson said as she started to cry.

“I can’t donate my blood because I myself take medications too, it’s too complicated Kathryn” she told her student. “Life if in deed full of loneliness and trials; we will be stuck in the middle, can’t seem to move, can’t seem to struggle. I know your hardship Ms. Alyson” Kathryn comforted her teacher. “I’d like to visit him” she said with a smile.

Ms. Alyson then brought Kathryn to the hospital. They saw her pale and thin brother lying on the hospital bed. “He’s still so young” Kathryn said as she went near him. “What’s his name?” Kathryn asked Ms. Alyson. “He’s name is Josh” Ms. Alyson said with a smile. “I can see that you really love your brother, when‘s his operation?” she asked. “They won’t schedule one unless we get a blood donor. The blood bank doesn’t have the blood we need, not until next month. He needs the operation as soon as possible” Ms. Alyson shared Kathryn.

“Thank you for taking me here, I really appreciate it” Kathryn told her teacher as she bid her goodbye. Kathryn was thinking the whole time when she saw the nurse station. “Excuse me miss, may I ask if you have the records of the patient in Room 503?” asked Kathryn. “I’ll get it for you” the nurse said. “Here they are, what do you need?” the nurse smilingly asked. “I just want to know what his blood type is” Kathryn answered.

“His blood type is AB+” the nurse told Kathryn. “AB+ is a universal recipient right?” Kathryn asked the nurse, the nurse smiled and nodded. “And O- is a universal donor” Kathryn whispered. “I haven’t seen Kathryn” said Daphne. “She told me that she’s going to come in late” said Tiffany. “She’s cutting classes?” asked Natalie. “I believe she has something to do” Tiffany answered. “Kathryn likes English, she won’t be cutting this class” said Tiffany as they played chess inside the room.

Kathryn was walking to class and looking straight at the hallway. Russell was leaning on their room’s door and saw Kathryn. He noticed that she’s not feeling well so he went to her. “Hey, are you okay?” he asked her, Kathryn smiled and nodded. Russell tried to hold and carry her to the room but not long, she fainted. “Kathryn, Kathryn” he tried to call her. He then carried her and brought her to the clinic.

Ms. Alyson entered their room and sat on the chair. “Where’s Kathryn?” Daphne, “I thought she likes English?” she added. Tiffany shrugged, “Where’s Russell?” Natalie asked Daniel. “He wasn’t with me when I played outside” said Daniel. “They’re missing again” they all said. “Okay, where are Kathryn and Russell?” Ms. Alyson asked the class. The class president stood up and went to Ms. Alyson.