"My Angel in Disguise" 25

“Russell sent a message” said Daniel as he opened the message. He was dumbstruck after reading; “What did he say? Did he find Cyndi?” asked Daphne, Daniel lend his phone to Daphne as tears formed in his eyes. “Cyndi’s gone?” Daphne asked as he pulled Daniel’s polo. “This can’t be true, Cyndi can’t be dead” Daphne went on then started weeping. Daniel then hugged Daphne and said “We both cannot accept it, it’s just so hard.” The doctor went out and saw them crying, “Why? I haven’t said a thing yet” the doctor said. “Tiffany’s in good condition now, her elbow’s sprained though but she’s stable now” the doctor added. “Thank you doctor” they both said as they cried harder.

“Doctor, we have a patient in the emergency room you are urgently needed” the nurse said. “Okay, I’ll have to go now” the doctor said. “The patient has been transferred to a private room and we already contacted her relatives… Why are you two crying? She’s fine now” the nurse asked. They went to the room and saw Tiffany lying on the bed.

“What song was that? It was so melodic and inspiring” said Rose as he sat beside her grandson. “I composed it granny” said Russell with a sad face. “It was beautiful Russell, to whom did you compose it for?” asked Rose. “For someone I just lost. She just died” said Russell. “Huh? Who died? I’m so sorry to hear that my grandson” said Rose. “Russell, someone’s on the phone and he’s looking for you” said Helen as she handed the phone to Russell. “Hello? Oh Daniel, she’s fine now? Good then. Oh, okay, I’ll go there tomorrow, okay, goodbye” said Russell as he hanged up.

“Son, what happened?” asked Helen as she sat on the sofa. “Your granny and I are very worried you know that?” asked Helen. “My friend just died” Russell told them. “She got trapped inside a burning house trying to save her friend. Unfortunately, the house burned down with her in it” Russell went on. Rose and Helen were both dumbstruck, “That’s why you smell smoky” said Helen as she stood up and hugged her son. “Will you play your song for her again and let us pray as you play” said granny as Russell faced the piano and played.

“Okay class, your classmate Cyndi had died last night” Ms. Leslie shared to the class. “I won’t be discussing for today because I’d like everyone to pray for her after I share everyone something” Ms. Leslie added. “She died last night?” murmurs started to rise. “Cyndi was not only my student but she’s also a friend. I will never forget her kindness. It happened two years ago; I was at school having a conference with all faculty members. My mom, a weak lady was walking on the streets.  Two robbers stole her bag and pushed her on the streets as they ran away. My mom almost got bumped by a car but Cyndi stood in front of my mom and signaled at the car without any fear of getting bumped. She then brought my mother to the hospital and I was called. When I arrived, I saw Cyndi, talking to my sleeping mom as she fixed my mom’s hair, treated her as if she’s her grandmother. From that day onwards, I respected Cyndi and learned to love her. She was in deed very kind, she may not look perfect but she has a golden heart” Ms. Leslie said as she cried. Daphne stood up and stood in front of the class and shared her own story on how she became good friends with Cyndi.