"My Angel in Disguise" 47

“Total opposite” Tiffany whispered. “What are you doing with those papers anyway?” Tiffany asked her. “It’s a secret. Russell’s birthday is getting nearer” Kathryn said as Tiffany suddenly looked at Kathryn. “This is my gift for him” she told Tiffany. “Together with these wounds?” Tiffany asked her with sarcasm. “She’s so, so dedicated and diligent” Tiffany thought.

“We’re going home now” said Daphne and the rest, “I’ll stay for awhile, I’ll just finish these, they’re the last piece” said Kathryn. “I’ll stay with her” said Tiffany then sat down beside her then they left them. “I won’t be offering help, it’s much more appreciated if you do them by your own” Tiffany said. Kathryn smiled, “I like the stars” she told Tiffany. “What does it have to do with Russell?” Tiffany asked. “He’s like the stars in the night sky lighting up the dark road” answered Kathryn. “Oh, you mean, he’s your light?” Tiffany asked as she smiled. Kathryn smiled and nodded as she finally cut the last piece. “Yes!” she shouted as she wounded herself. “Your finger’s bleeding!” said Tiffany as she took her handkerchief.

“You’re too happy you finished cutting these that you didn’t feel the pain” said Tiffany as Kathryn smiled. Carlo and Jane were playing with a ball outside Kathryn’s house when Kathryn arrived and saw them. “Hey! I’m back” Kathryn shouted as they went to her and hugged her. “I brought you two a cake!” Kathryn said. “What happened to your finger?” Carlo asked, “Oh, I accidentally cut it. But, it’s okay now” she told them.

Kathryn went to the gate and saw a Champagne Rose. She took it and asked, “You two were playing outside for a long time, have you seen you left this rose?” They both shook their heads and entered the house. “Who’s giving me flowers?” she whispered as she entered the gate.

“It’s been weeks Kathryn, how’s your gift?” Tiffany asked Kathryn. Kathryn looked around and showed Tiffany the jar with folded stars, half-filled. “Wow, it’s so cute” said Tiffany as she held it. “You’re so diligent” said Tiffany, “It’s a way of saying thank you to him, he’s always there when I’m in trouble” Kathryn said. “Or maybe a way of saying, I really like you” Tiffany mumbled. Kathryn’s phone suddenly rang then she answered it, “Really, that’s good then, thank you so much for helping.” “Who was it?” Tiffany asked, “A couple’s going to adopt Carlo and Jane” Kathryn sadly said.

Tiffany comforted her and said “People come and leave.” Carlo was looking at Kathryn; he saw a Champagne Rose and a big box as she entered. “You’re home” said Carlo as he sat on the sofa. “Where’s Jane?” she asked, “She’s with Aunt Grace, they’re at the garden.” “Carlo, I found a couple who’s willing to adopt the two of you” Kathryn told him. Carlo looked at Kathryn and tightly hugged her.

Carlo and Jane became sad, “Do we get to see you?” Jane asked Kathryn as they packed their things. “Of course, I’ll visit you two” Kathryn answered. “When will they pick us up?” Carlo asked, “This Saturday” she answered. Jane and Carlo hugged Kathryn; “Thank you” Carlo thanked Kathryn sincerely. “We will never forget you” Jane told her. Kathryn cried as she smiled and said “I won’t forget you two too.”