"My Angel in Disguise" 2

“I guess I just have to go to the clinic and rest, the ball hit me so hard” Cyndi said as she held close to Daphne. “Okay, we’re going to the clinic” Daphne told the two boys. “We’re really sorry” they said as they walked away. “You know that girl?” asked the other boy, “Yeah, she’s pretty; we used to play around when we were young. Why, you like her?” Daniel asked. “No, I wonder why she’s friend with the other girl” Russell answered as he took the ball from the ground.

“She’ll be fine now, I gave her medicine; she just needs to rest” the nurse told Daphne as she went out. “Are you sure you don’t want me to accompany you home?” Daphne asked as she fixed her bag. “No, I can take care of myself” said Cyndi as she sat up. “What are you doing?” asked Daphne; “I’m going home” Cyndi answered as she took her back pack. “Hey, but the nurse told you to rest” she added as they went out of the clinic. “I’m not dizzy anymore, I can see already” Cyndi told her friend as they walked on the hallway. “Let me accompany you home” said Daphne as she stood in front of Cyndi. “Daphne, I’m old enough and you know me well. Don’t forget to review on Algebra, we have a quiz tomorrow” Cyndi reminded her as she continued walking.

Daphne just stood there, speechless; “But I’m worried about you and at the same time I have to study” Daphne said as she looked at her friend go out. “Hey, what are you doing there?” Daniel asked as he stood next to Daphne. “Cyndi went home by herself” Daphne answered as she looked at Daniel. “I believe she’ll call you when she’s in trouble” Daniel assured Daphne as he escorted her to her room.

Cyndi didn’t go home; instead, she went to an ophthalmologist to have her eyes checked. She went to one and had her eyes checked. “You need a pair of glasses?” the doctor asked her. “Yes, I do; my old eye glasses got broken this afternoon. I can’t see clear enough” she told the doctor. “You chose this frame?” the doctor asked, “Yeah, why?” asked Cyndi. “They look a little too old for you to wear but anyway, this is what you really want?” asked the doctor as he took the frame. “Yeah, those look like my old ones” Cyndi answered with a smile.

Cyndi waited outside of the shop and went in every side of it. When she finally got her new glasses, she tried them on and paid for them. “Thank you” the cashier said as she gave Cyndi her change. Cyndi took her change and placed it inside the donation box then walked away. “Did she just place all her change in the can? But, that’s more than two hundred” the cashier whispered. “Why?” the doctor asked as he looked at the cashier. “That girl placed all her change in the donation box and her change is more than two hundred” the cashier shared the doctor. The doctor smiled and went back to the clinic.

Before she went out of the shop, she saw a guy stealing some eye glasses and putting them in his bag. Cyndi stood by his side and pretended that she was looking for something. “Nice eye glasses” Cyndi said as she looked at the guy. Cyndi smiled at the guy and said “You don’t have to steal, you have to work. If you need one, I’m willing to help you look for one. People may not see you but someone up there can.” The guy looked at his bag and returned the eye glasses. Cyndi went out and walked her way. The guy followed her and walked beside her. “What now? You’re going to steal my things?” Cyndi asked as she stopped walking.