"My Angel in Disguise" 9

“I wish that…” uttered granny. “Wish what?” asked Cyndi. “That my grandchildren would be like you; we didn’t get to bond lately. I think they’re too busy for an old woman like me” said granny. Cyndi held granny’s hand and said “Well, they’re completely missing out something special from their lives. I think granny’s the best. Too bad my grandmother isn’t with us anymore.” “She already left us” said Cyndi. “By the way, who do you live with?” asked granny. “I live by myself” Cyndi answered as she continued eating. “By yourself? But, you’re very young and you’re a girl!” granny told Cyndi. “I got used to it granny, don’t worry about me” Cyndi said. “If you need help, you can look for granny, granny would be willing to help you” granny said as she gave more cupcakes to her.

“I’m happy that I was able to meet you Cyndi” said granny. “I’m happy too granny” said Cyndi as she took the last bite of her cupcake. “Cyndi, I baked another two dozens of cupcakes so you can take them home with you” said granny. “Thank you granny, thank you very much. You bake tasty cupcakes” said Cyndi as she took the boxes. “Next time, I’ll bake you a cake or cookies” said granny.

Before Cyndi went home, she went to Stanley’s place and brought them groceries. “Cyndi, you’re here!” said Daisy. “Come in, come in” she said as she welcomed Cyndi. “Cyndi, I’m glad you came” said Stanley. “Of course, here, I brought some groceries for you” said Cyndi as she went in their house. Cyndi saw the baby and went to him. “Hey you, you cute little baby” she said as she played with the baby. “Can I carry him?” asked Cyndi with pleasure. “Sure” said Stanley as he prepared supper.

Then they all sat down, prayed as Cyndi led the prayer. “Hi grandma, do you eat these, you should eat more vegetables” said Cyndi as she placed vegetables on Stanley’s mother’s plate. “Thank you my dear” said Stanley’s mother. “Cyndi, we know you had something to do with my job” said Stanley as they started eating. Cyndi looked at him, “My manager mentioned a goddaughter of someone who owns some stocks in that restaurant” said Daisy. “We both thought it’s you” said Stanley. “Whatever blessings you receive, just believe they’re blessings from Him up there, He sees your effort and faith” answered Cyndi as she continued eating. “Thank you Cyndi, for the kindness you’ve shown us” said Stanley. “If it wasn’t for your presence, none of these would be happening” said Stanley. Cyndi just smiled at them continued eating. “I’m happy to have you as friends” said Cyndi, “We’re your friends, we’ll be here for you Cyndi” assured Stanley.

“Cyndi!” shouted Daphne as she ran to her. “Why, why are you running?” asked Cyndi. “I’m not going to leave you again!” said Daphne. “Okay, that would be all for today class” said Ms. Leslie, their Math teacher. After everyone has gotten out, Cyndi went to her desk and placed a box. “What’s this?” Leslie asked Cyndi. “Oh, I’m sharing my blessings” said Cyndi. “Cyndi, you already shared your blessing to me” said Ms. Leslie with a smile on her face. “Blessings will keep on coming so I think I’ll keep on sharing” answered Cyndi. “Okay then, thank you so much Cyndi” said Ms. Leslie.

“Where did you get those cupcakes anyway?” asked Daphne. “Remember the old lady I was talking about? She baked two dozens for me, I have no idea how to finish them so I thought of sharing them” Cyndi answered. “Cyndi!” shouted Natalie as she waved at them. “Hey guys, want some cupcakes?” asked Cyndi as she gave them some. “Thanks!” said Daniel and she walked in front of Russell. “Have some cupcakes, they’re really delicious” Cyndi offered Russell. Russell looked at Cyndi and took one from the box.