"My Angel in Disguise" 48

“You’re new parents are here” Kathryn said as she led them downstairs. When Carlo and Jane saw their new parents, their eyes sparkled with new hope and love. “Son, daughter” the mother said. Carlo and Jane ran to their new parents and hugged them. “Thank you Kathryn for giving us these two wonderful kids” the husband thanked her. “Visit us, okay?” asked Jane as she looked outside the window. “I will” Kathryn said. They had to leave; they were waving at Kathryn as the car ran.

Kathryn saw a Champagne Rose outside her house and picked it up, but this time, it has a note with it. “I actually know who leaves you roses everyday. But, I cannot tell you because I promised that person that I will keep it as a secret” Carlo wrote on the note. “You’re the one who always leaves roses?”, “Hm, will you help me keep this secret for her? I don’t want her to know yet”, “Just don’t hurt her”, “Sure, I won’t”, “I’ll keep our secret”, “Thank you” Carlo thought as he smiled.

“Don’t be sad Kathryn” said Tiffany as she watched Kathryn fold papers and cry. “I miss them” Kathryn said as she wiped her tears. “I’m sure they miss you too” said Tiffany as she comforted her friend. “Kathryn, do you like Russell more than a friend?” she asked her. Kathryn stopped folding and stared blankly at the air. “I…” uttered Kathryn. “Never mind” Tiffany answered. Daphne sat beside them. “I feel sad for Russell” Daphne shared them, “He’s still thinking of Cyndi” she added. “I suddenly missed her too” she went on.

Tiffany looked at Kathryn frown as she dropped the paper she was folding. “But, Cyndi’s gone already” Tiffany said. “I know; he can’t seem to move on” said Daphne. One day, Kathryn remembered that she was going to meet granny. “Why are you sad?” granny asked her. “I…” said Kathryn as she looked at granny and hugged her. “I know you miss those two kids” she uttered, “It’s about another thing” Kathryn said, “I… I don’t know why I suddenly feel pain inside my heart when I hear of my friend’s past love.”

Granny smiled and comforted Kathryn, “It’s because you love him.” Kathryn looked at granny; “You get affected and hurt because you love the person and don’t want to hear that he’s involved with somebody else” she went on.

“You won’t know if he likes you if you don’t tell him what you really feel for him. You should give it a try”, “But when will I know if it’s the right time?” Granny placed Kathryn’s hand on her heart, “This will tell you when and how.” Kathryn kept thinking as she walked home and passed by a place with a tree. She stopped walking and looked at the place and she saw Russell sitting beside the tree.

Kathryn decided to sit beside him, “What brought you here?” he asked her. “My heart” Kathryn answered. Russell looked at Kathryn and silently laughed. “How about you, what brought you here?” Kathryn asked him. “My heart” he answered and looked at Kathryn. Kathryn frowned, “No, seriously. This is where she died” he shared her. Kathryn faced him, “I often go here to visit and talk to her.” “You tied that yellow scarf there?” Kathryn asked him. Russell nodded as he looked at the yellow scarf. “It’s a promise” he said.