"My Angel in Disguise" 12

“Hey Cyndi, what do you have for us now?” asked Daniel as he sat on the bleachers. “Daniel, you suck as a friend, really” said Natalie. Cyndi smiled and answered “Cookies.” “Well, I have drinks here with us now” said Daniel. “Uhm, sorry, I had eaten most of them but I tried to save some for all though. Good thing granny gave me a lot of them” Cyndi said as she handed out the cookies.

“She really bakes deliciously!” said Daniel as he ate one cookie and got another one. “Uhm, this time, she didn’t bake these” said Cyndi. “Really, then who did?” asked Daphne. “Her grandson did” Cyndi answered. “Wow, that is so cool!” said Daniel. “She even told me that her grandson didn’t eat them because he was scared of how they would taste but I think they’re really delicious and I felt his love for his grandmother” said Cyndi. “Russell, you can get more” Cyndi told Russell as she handed him the box. Russell ate the cookies and drank his soda.

“Hey Ssel, I just noticed that you became less talkative” said Daniel. Russell looked at him and said “It’s because I have nothing to say.” “Yeah, why are you forcing him to speak anyway?” asked Natalie. “I’ll be going now, I hope you all enjoyed the cookies that I shared” said Cyndi as she bid farewell to them.

“You know what, Cyndi’s actually beautiful if we straighten her hair, made her a little whiter, took her eye glasses off, put make up on her and let her dress like a princess” said Daniel as he looked at Cyndi walking away. “I think so” said Natalie. “But, when I asked her if I can straighten her hair, she just said that she loves it the way it is and that it will only get curled up again” said Natalie. “I’m still wondering, she fixed me but, she doesn’t want to fix herself” Daphne said. “If she can fix you, she probably can fix herself too, right? Why won’t she fix herself so I can court her?” asked Daniel. “She said it already, she loves herself just the way she is” said Russell. “Whoa, you spoke again, I missed that! Your philosophical tone” said Daniel. “But, Ssel’s right though” said Natalie as Daphne agreed.

One day when Cyndi was on her way to school, she saw the lady who returned her wallet, looking through the window of a store then walked away. When Cyndi looked at the store, it was the flower shop. Cyndi entered and looked for Michael, “Hey, uhm, do you need a hand here in your store?” she asked him. “Well, I can have one, why, looking for a part time job? I can hire you” said Michael. “No not me, but a friend” said Cyndi. “Oh I see, well okay, you can bring your friend here” said Michael. “Cool. Hey, I want to buy Marigolds, a bouquet of them please. Oh and can you put ribbons on each one of them?” said Cyndi. “Sure” said Michael. “Here you go” said Michael as he handed her the flowers. “What’s your mom’s favorite flowers Michael?” asked Cyndi as she handed him the payment. “Same as yours” he answered. “Champagne Rose?” Cyndi asked with a smile as Michael nodded.

“Cyndi, what’s with the flowers?” asked Daphne as they walked to class. Cyndi gave flowers to all her teachers and one to Daphne. “You are always loved and blessed” Daphne read out and asked, “Who’s it for?” Cyndi smiled and took Daphne to the lockers. Cyndi placed one Marigold in Tiffany’s locker and walked away. Tiffany saw Cyndi and Daphne then she went to her locker. She opened it and saw the flower and the tied on it together with the ribbon. “You are always loved and blessed” Tiffany read and thought.