"My Angel in Disguise" 43

“Kathryn fainted; Russell’s accompanying her in the clinic” the president told Ms. Alyson when her cell phone suddenly rang. “Excuse me” Ms. Alyson said as she took her phone and went out of the room. Their teacher came back in and said “Class, I’ll leaving you all for awhile, I have an emergency.  You can all go out now but make sure to finish your essays.” Then she suddenly went out and left them. “Kathryn’s so lucky” said Daphne as she smiled. “Where are they anyway?” Natalie asked them. “Let’s ask president” Tiffany told them.

“What happened to her?” Russell asked the nurse. “Fatigue; she donated blood and needed some rest but she insisted to come to school. She has a bandage on her arm” the nurse told Russell. “Thank you” Russell thanked the nurse as he went in and sat beside Kathryn. “You donated blood yet still come to school…” Russell told her as she slept. Russell saw her hand and noticed that she has small wounds. “What were you doing these past few days?” Russell asked. He was looking at her as she slept, “You look like Sleeping Beauty” he told her as he smiled.

Russell stared at her, slowly stood up and looked at Kathryn’s face. His heart was pounding harder and faster, he was going to kiss her when Tiffany suddenly entered the small room. Russell looked back and said “I thought she was awake already” as Tiffany gazed at him. Russell told Tiffany what happened, “I see, why did she donate blood this time?” she asked as she looked at Kathryn then at Russell. “You” Tiffany said, referring to Russell. “What were you doing? You were about to…” said Tiffany when Kathryn made sounds.

“Shhh” Russell said as he signaled at Tiffany. “Where am I?” Kathryn asked. “You’re in the clinic” he answered as they went closer to Kathryn. “Why am I here?” she asked them, “You fainted” he answered. “I did?” Kathryn asked Russell. “English…” Kathryn uttered as she sat up and was about to stand. “Hey, we don’t have English. Ms. Alyson had an emergency and had to leave” Tiffany said as Kathryn lied down on bed again. “I’m so dizzy” she said, “But I’m happy” she added as she smiled and closed her eyes again.

Russell and Tiffany looked at each other and wondered. Ms. Alyson didn’t come to school for three days so they had their substitute teacher. “I wonder what happened” Natalie said as they walked. “I heard her brother had undergone surgery” Daphne told them. “Do you want to visit Ms. Alyson?” Kathryn asked them. They all agreed; they first went to the flower shop. “Oh, hey; may I help you?” Gloria asked Kathryn. “I’d like to buy a bouquet of Sunflowers” Kathryn told her, “Right away” Gloria replied.

Michael smiled at Russell and waved at him. “You know him?” Kathryn asked him. “Uh… I used to buy flowers here too” said Russell as he smiled at Michael. “Here you go sunshine” said Gloria as she gave the bouquet to Kathryn. “I’ll carry them for you” said Russell as he took the bouquet. Tiffany was looking at Russell as they walked to the hospital.