"My Angel in Disguise" 55

“Dear Kathryn, first of all, I’m really sorry for hurting your feelings. I didn’t mean to, really. I wanted to share you a part of my past, they’re all written in the notebook I gave you together with this letter. I’m giving them to you so you can see how I changed from then to now. In there, you can see how I really felt after knowing you. I hope you’ll understand what I mean. Yes, I fell in love with Cyndi but, she’s a part of the past now, I have to move on. Remember the yellow scarf? It’s a promise of remembering and departure. I decided to say goodbye to Cyndi because, I started to love you. The first time I saw you, I don’t know why but I suddenly had this light feeling. Kathryn, I love you; not because you remind me of Cyndi or whatsoever, but just because. I’m leaving tomorrow at nine in the morning, heading to California and going to study there. I hope we’ll meet each other again someday.”

Kathryn was crying and running at the same time as she ran to the airport. She was wiping her tears as she thought of Russell and what he had to say. “Russell, I love you too. I don’t care if you still love Cyndi, I just know I love you” Kathryn thought.

“Who are we calling again?” Daphne asked, “Kathryn, why?” Natalie asked. “Her bag is in front of us” Daphne said. Tiffany looked for Kathryn’s cell phone and saw it in the bag. “It’s in here” said Tiffany. “Let’s look for her” said Tiffany. “But, we can’t go out” said Daphne, “If there’s a will, there’s a way” said Tiffany as she stood up and ran.

“What?!” asked Tiffany when she got the phone call. “Why, what happened?” Daphne asked her. “Kathryn got bumped by a car and is now at the hospital” she told them. “What?Q” they both asked in surprise. Kathryn was on a stretcher as she was carried to the emergency room. She was still conscious, with thoughts running in her mind. “Russell…” she kept whispering.

“I hit a girl by kicking a ball, her eyeglasses were broken then, I felt like I wanted to meet her. She seemed different from others.” “I can’t just let people talk about you and not protect you, I feel very sad when it happens.” “The day ice cream was poured on you, I signaled at Natalie to help you because Daphne’s having difficulties with herself and I didn’t want to see you like that. Sorry I wasn’t able to help.”

“When I got home, I saw my grandmother baking cupcakes. I thought she baked them for me, but I was wrong. She baked it for her new friend whom she met at the park.” “Remember you shared with us the cupcakes your new friend at the park gave you? When I ate them, I remembered my grandmother, who was actually the one who baked them. I remembered how she baked pastries for me and the eagerness and patience she had as she taught me how to play the piano. I was hit by your story, when you said you wished that her grandson would bond with her again… And so, I did.”

“I started to talk with her again, baked with her and played the piano too. She came home bringing Tulips with her. She was very happy and she told me that you thanked me for baking those cookies.” “I became less talkative when you’re around. I thought that, instead of speaking, I’d rather secretly look at you.” “They were talking on how they can change and make you beautiful. I told them that they don’t have to worry about your looks because you love yourself, same goes with me. I love you as you are.”