Chapter 42

I force myself up onto my feet, allowing the girls to pick up the pillows they had dropped on the floor. Placing a small circular platform in their place. I smile over at Maya and she begins to assemble my dress on my silk sheets. I step up onto the platform, undoing the bow on my right side. One of the maidens moves behind me, removing my robe from my shoulders. I watch her through the mirror and she lays it on my bed. Another maiden begins to help me out of my nightgown. I slide the sleeves off my shoulders, letting the thin fabric fall at my feet. One of the younger girls moves behind me, helping me step into my wide-hooped skirt.

I watch the girls closely as they begin to add multiple layers of white fabric. Maya pulls the fourth layer over my head, laying it flat over the other skirts. The ends of this skirt are dyed red along the rim. They had other layers overtop, the red reaches up higher on this skirt. Finally, they put the main skirt over my body. The solid white color almost shines from the sunlight shooting into my room. I watch Maya through the mirror, seeing her grab my top from my silk sheets. I wait till she is in front of me, guiding my arms through the draped sleeves. Two maidens stand behind me, grabbing the back of the corset to pull it tight against my body. I press my hands against my chest, holding the corset in place as the girls weave the gold ribbon through the holes in the back. The white top matches beautifully with the top of my skirt, having red roses lining the neckline and waistline of my corset. Having white seethrough sleeves hang off my shoulders. I keep my eyes ahead, staring at my reflection. I have never been so dressed up before. My eyes slowly drift, looking at the offsetting bandage around my arm. I shouldn't remove it until the wound is healed, but it is out of place. I quickly reach over, undoing the tape. "Milady, what are you doing?"

"Adhara vessels don't hide their mark, Maya." I smile at her through the mirror, letting the white gauze fall from my arm. Mother would have never wanted me to hide my mark or any scars. They are what makes me... Me. "I am a wolf and a wolf always shows their colors."

"Yes, your Majesty." I look back at Maya through the mirror, seeing a wide grin on her face.

"Milady." I turn my eyes over to Maya, seeing her holding my mother's crown in her hands. Her plain silver crown with white gems decorating the top. "May I?"

"Of course." I smile, slowly bowing before her. I feel her place it on my head, forcing a cold breath to leave my lips. I slowly rise, staring back at myself in the mirror. I hold my breath, seeing my mother's reflection staring back at me. The girls pin up a long veil in my hair, making sure it is pinned down so it doesn't fall off. Red and blue flowers line the bottom, adding more color to my dress.

"It's time." I smile, turning toward the door. I slowly step down from the platform, my wolves jumping up from the bed. The maidens open the double doors, letting my wolves run out into the hall. Their eyes look back at me, almost wanting to tell me something.

"Are you nervous, your Majesty?" One of the girls turns to look back at me.

"A little, but this is for you." I smile as I walk up to her. I reach out, grabbing her arm. I give it a little squeeze, "This is for all of us." She smiles back at me, bowing her head for a moment.

"Yes, your Majesty. We are grateful for the war to finally come to an end." She joins my side as we walk out into the hall. Walking through the long hallways, and out into the throne room. I stop for a moment, looking back at the thrones. I take a slow breath, walking with my maidens out the main doors. I turn my eyes down the stairs, stopping. I smile, seeing my brother Sebastian standing beside my wedding carriage.

"Sebastian?" I smile, I gather the first couple layers of my dress in my hands. Grinning from ear to ear as I hurry down the steps of the palace.

"Hello, little sister." He smiles, moving closer to the bottom of the steps. "You look like our mother." His eyes smile up at me, I can see the small glisten of tears ready to fall.

"What are you doing here, aren't you supposed to be at the ceremony?" I slowly reach out, grabbing his shoulder. I quickly pull him into a hug, resting my chin on his shoulder.

"Yes, but Queen Dianna and I decided we should do the ceremony the traditional way."

I quickly pull away, looking my brother in the eyes. "Like the way mother and father married?"

"Yes." He nods. "How are you doing?" He reaches out, reaching for my arm.

I quickly wrap my hand around the top of his hand, stopping him from touching my injury. "I am fine. It only hurts a little. It is healing." I force a smile onto my hand, pulling his hand down.

"We should get going, milady." I look over Sebastian's shoulder, seeing the curtain in the doorway of the carriage pulled back.

"Right.." He nods slowly, I can tell he is still unsure of all this.

"It's time to get you married." Sebastian smiles. I lower my eyes, walking around him. I slowly bow my head, ducking into the carriage. I turn, sitting on the backside. I watch as Sebastian climbs in after me, sitting down across from me. Maya steps up to the carriage, closing the curtains so that nobody can get a sneak peek of the bride.

"For you, Milady." I turn my eyes towards the door, seeing Maya holding a beautiful white bouquet. White roses, baby's breath, calla lilies, and genesta, are all organized in a beautiful arrangement. I smile, looking at the center of the bouquet, Nicholas's blue rose placed perfectly in the center.

"Thank you, Maya." I slowly take it from her. Seeing a blue ribbon tied in a bow to hold the flowers together.

"You welcome, Milady." She smiles, before closing the door.

"The rose?" Sebastian leans forward a little.

"Nicholas left it at my door this morning." I smile, brushing the tips of my fingers over the petals. The only light that can shine through is from the cracks between the curtains. I move my eyes around the inside, looking at the golden designs woven into the red fabric. I sit back a little, seeing my wolves standing outside the carriage, waiting patiently for us to go. My heart starts to race inside my chest... I can't be getting nervous now. I didn't have any of these nerves last night. I slow my breathing, waiting. Here goes nothing, Katarina... The carriage moves with a jolt, turning towards the palace gates. My wolves walk in front of the carriage, keeping a small distance between them and the horses. There is cheering in the distance. I look through the curtains, seeing the streets starting to get full of people. They are all walking towards the ceremony. Everyone is just waiting to get a glimpse of the married couple. There is no turning back now...