Chapter 39

A growl sits in my throat, my vision clear and my mind clearer. I pick up my head, looking over at myself. Seeing my human form sitting right beside me and seeing Luna on the other side of her. Ace... I look down, staring at my black paws in front of me. My claws stretched out, ready to attack this girl for threatening my vessel.

"You refer to those Criminals as Heroes? Had I been their only target that night, I might have been inclined to agree with you, child... Only those men would have slaughtered an innocent child to get their hands on me." Her eyes look at me, confused. "A boy who is the only provider for his family, his father being killed in this war." I raise my voice. "For someone so against the bloodshed, is that death justified to you? Is an innocent child's death, justified by you? " I growl, suddenly having the hot temper of my wolves. "AN INNOCENT CHILD!"

"YOU'RE LYING!?!" The girl shouts. Ace is quick to jump up onto his feet, being in protective mode. I hold my breath, grabbing the back of his neck, and forcing him to lay back down beside me.

"Does it look as though I am lying?" I look her dead in the eyes, laying my hands down on my lap.

"...I-..."

"I do wish I was lying about a thing like this, but I am not. In the same way, I wish I could forget the stench of their breathing. Killing me wasn't enough for them. Had no one stepped in, they would have done things to me.... Terrible things that I would not wish upon my worst enemy. Under no circumstances would I ever allow myself to believe that what they were planning to do was anything close to a noble cause." I took her over. "They are monsters and they deserve to die!" I stand up, looking down at the girl. "My sympathies for how bad your past was..." I pause, looking down at her. "You may not believe me, but we truly do share the same goals. Your attempt to kill me failed. You threatened those I've sworn to protect, and sadly that is not something I can forgive." I take a breath. "As far as I'm concerned, you've earned your spot here in this cell." I look around us, looking at the guards standing around the room. I slowly turn, walking towards the prison door. "I am going to end this war... and I'm going to do it my way!" I quickly moved to my right, seeing a large piece of broken plate in her hand. My wolves jump up from the floor, surrounding me. Akita jumps up, pushing the girl to the ground. Her paws stood on the girl's body, snarling at her face.

"AKITA!" I raise my voice, calling her back to me. Two of the guards rush towards her, gathering the girl's arms behind her. I watch the guards pick her up off the ground, forcing her onto her feet.

"DAMMIT!! HOLD STILL!" One of the guards snaps, holding her still as the other ties her hands together.

"NOOO! LE-LET ME GO!" She screams, dropping the glass. "Unhand me.. You.. You... SWINE!"

"Milady, are you alright?" A guard behind me approaches, trying not to scare me.

"Yes, I am quite alright." I take a deep breath, pressing my hand softly against my stomach. "Unfortunately, my patience has run rather dry... I am not as foolish as you have preserved me to be." I move towards the girl, knowing full well that the guards have a good hold on her. "You realght I would fall for the same old trick twice?" I press my right index finger against her chin. Forcing her to look me in the eyes. "You are playing one dangerous game. This time, my wolves were here as well as my guards. My wolves do listen to my commands but..." I smile a little. "They are wild beasts and will do anything to protect a member of their pack. Now you are going to tell me exactly where those men are hiding and who they are... So t...y may pay for their crimes against the crown... Or so help me, I'll ensure the rest of your days shall be filled with great agony."

She chuckles loudly in my face. "The eyes of a monster. I suppose that's quite the treat... Or it would be if I believed you would fulfill that wish. Do you think I would forget what I saw three nights ago?" She grins. "I watched you bleed... I know what you look like."

"ANSWER ME!" I shout, anger sticking to my throat.

"Tch... I once heard a story of the last Queen of your kingdom." I straighten up, looking at the sickening girl. "Stories of a weak and pathetic queen who did nothing but let her kingdom starve. She had your bright red hair and bright sapphire eyes... In the end, she fought and fought but found herself caught in an obvious trap. Perishing like a fool." She tilts her head a little. "Mother like daughter... Don't you think?"

"How dare you!" I snap, raising my hand in the air.

"ENOUGH!" Nicholas grabs my hand from behind, wrapping his other arm around my waist. I take a deep breath, feeling the hotness of my anger starting to steam out.

"LET ME GO!" I turn to look up at him. He looks at me, being the level-headed one at the moment. He holds me close, basically dragging me out of the cell. He turns me away from the girl, pinning me against a post. "What are you doing?" I ask, looking down. His left hand rests above my head, his other hand holding both of mine against my stomach.

"You are shaking, Katarina." He looks down at me. Tears well up in my eyes. I was going to hit her? "A queen should know better than to waste her strength on a rotten prisoner." I take a deep breath, my legs shaking. I close my eyes.

"Nicholas... I.."

"You are fine, Katarina." He pulls me close to him. "What are you all standing waiting for? I want that wrench out of my sight! Tie her back to that post where she belongs." Nicholas snaps at the guards, keeping a tight grip on me.

"Yes, Your Highness." A guard responds quickly.

"YOU BASTARDS?!?" She screams from the cell, wanting me to hear her. "GO AHEAD DO YOUR WORST! I CAN HANDLE IT!!"

Nicholas holds me against him, starting to walk out of the dungeon. My wolves hurry in front of us, making sure the path is clear. I slowly turn my eyes back, seeing her through the openings of her cell. "Don't look back, just keep walking.." He whispers, wrapping his arm further around my shoulders.

"YOU THINK YOU WILL BE SAFE IN THESE WALLS, KATARINA?!? YOU'LL NEVER BE SAFE!!" She screams at the top of her lungs. I lay my head on Nicholas's shoulder, pinching my eyes closed. Allowing him to lead me out. "I KNOW WHAT I SAW!?!? I WATCHED YOU BLEED!!!"