Low Blood Sugar

A/N This was a suggestion so I hope this meets their hopes! Please know I don't know shit about diabetes so sorry if this is too unbearable to some.

Lucy's POV
I've dealt with type 1 diabetes my entire life which is what I told Tim this morning when I was persuading him that I would be fine to go to work alone. Of course, I persuaded him but now I wish I had let him come in too. I'm in roll call and I'm starting to feel shaky, dizzy and my vision is starting to blur. I feel like I'm going to pass out.

Angela's POV
Grey calls out that we are all dismissed. Everyone gets up and filters out. Then I notice Lucy is still sitting in her chair looking down at her lap. Nolan, Juarez, Thorsen, Grey and Nylaalso seem to notice and we all head over. I lightly tap Lucy's shoulder.

"Luce? Are you ok?" I ask.
"N-no.." Lucy says shakily.
"Call Tim." She whispers then her body goes limp.

I catch her shoulder and push her back up. We all are terrified but I don't wait too long on it. I grab my phone and call Tim. He picks up after a few rings.

"What happened?" He asks panicked.
"Lucy passed out. She said to call you. What the fuck is going on?" I ask after putting him on speakerphone.
"She has type 1 diabetes." He tells us while we can hear his truck starting in the background.
"What!?" We all exclaim.
"Freak out later. You guys need to help her. You need to get the sunflower bag from the top shelf of her locker. It has everything she needs. Her locker combo is the date she started at Mid-Wilshire." Tim tells us.

Celina and Nyla rush off to get the bag.

"What do we do?" I ask him.
"Lay her down and try to wake her up. I'm 7 minutes away." He says.

Aaron and John carefully move Lucy to the floor and we all start trying to wake her up. The girls come back with the sunflower bag.

"We have the bag," I tell Tim.
"Open it, in it, there's a smaller dog bag, get that out. Also, get out the juice box and packet of cookies for when she wakes up." He tells us.

We quickly open the bag and grab out everything.

"I'm pulling up now. Yes, I sped, ticket me later." Tim tells us.

Tim's POV
I run through the station to the roll call room and then hang up the phone with Angela as I run in. I make quick work of cleaning Lucy's finger so I get her blood sugar. I stick her finger with the prick, waking her up.

"Mm?" Lucy hums confused.
"I'm checking your sugar baby," I tell her as I continue the process.

I checked the reader and it says she's at 60mg/dL. (IDK if this is accurate for low blood sugar.)

"Juice baby," I tell Lucy as I move the juice box that someone had gotten ready to her lips.

Lucy tiredly drinks the juice.

"So... were you ever gonna tell us?" Angela chuckles.

Lucy shrugs.

"She doesn't like telling people because then they get all weird about it," I tell them as Lucy lays up against me sleepily.
"People stop giving me sugar," Lucy grumbles making me chuckle.
"I'm sure they are just looking out for you." Nyla shrugs.
"Still allowed sugar. Just need insulin. Or to have low blood sugar. Is it low enough for cookies?" She asks me with big sad eyes.

I sigh and open her little packet of cookies and hand them to her.

"Would be worth high sugar," Lucy smirks.
"Mm. For you but I'm the one who has to look after your sugar-high ass." I chuckle.
"More worth it." Lucy giggles.
"I will take those cookies away from you," I tell her sternly.
"No, you won't," Lucy smirks as she eats the last one from the small packet. "Cus there gone."