Family Dinner

A/N Thank you to @c1ndyverse for this idea. Also Angela's kid Jackson will be named Jack as Jackson is alive and her daughter is Erin.

Tim's POV
It's Thanksgiving so Lucy and I are setting up the house ready for the Mid-Wilshire annual thanksgiving dinner. We (Lucy) decided to host this year because we were both the only two who haven't hosted due to Lucy's old tiny apartment and I don't want my people in my space.
"Tim, can I trust you to look after the food while I shower? We only have an hour before everyone shows up." Lucy asks.
"Yes, Luce. Just be quick, I need to shower too." I remind her.
"Uh huh." Lucy smirks and wanders off into our room.

An hour and a bit later we are both ready and just as we sit on the couch the door bell rings. Lucy bounces off the couch excited and rushes over to the door. I walk more casually over to the door but when I get there Lucy is in the arms of Angela hugging her. We greet the Lopez-Evers family. They get all their food over to the table and we finally relax on the couch while Jack and Erin get to petting Kojo. After half an hour everyone has shown up and we are all sitting on the couch talking. Then there is another knock on the door.
"Who else is coming?" I ask Lucy confused.
"No one. Maybe someone's blocking the neighbours driveway. I'll be back." Lucy excuses herself. We all quieten down and all we hear is the door open and then slam shut again.
"Nope! Not today. Someone make use of your badge and get that whore out of here." Lucy says jumping back on the couch.
"What is it Lulu?" I ask her confused.
"Someone thinks she can basically disown me and show up at our house. Get her out of here Tim. Please, I don't want to hear it." Lucy begs. Angela, Jackson and I fish our badges out and we head to the door and open it up to see a very pissed Vanessa Chen.
"Where is that brat?" She asks as soon as she sees us but then notices Jackson. "Oh! Jackson, hey buddy! How's patrol going?" Vanessa grins.
"Fine, but Lucy wants you to leave." Jackson tells her.
"Who are you?" She asks Angela and I ignoring Jackson.
"I'm Detective Angela Lopez. I'm Lucy's friend from work." Angela says.
"Ugh, who are you?" Vanessa asks.
"I'm uh, Lucy's boyfriend." I tell her.
"Ooh. Finally someone to her level." Vanessa shrugs and walks right in.

Lucy's POV
I'm siting on the couch then my mum walks inside.
"Lucy. You have a boyfriend?" She asks me in her regular judgemental voice.
"Hey, Kids let's go outside." Wesley says rounding the kids outside.
"Yes I do. Ground me." I roll my eyes.
"Why is your boyfriend telling me to leave?" She asks.
"Where's dad?" I say trying to change the topic.
"I'm leaving him. For real this time." She tells me.
"Ok? How is this my fucking problem?" I ask getting annoyed.
"Because, I want to see if you want to change your career so you can come back to me. That way you wouldn't get yourself abducted again." My mother says.
"Ok, that's too much. You need to leave." Tim tells her.
"No. I'm here for my daughter. Lucy you need to stop being disrespectful you owe me so much so the least you can do is be nice." My Mum tells me.
"Owe you?" I ask pissed.
"Mrs Chen, you need to leave." Grey steps in.
"Lucy, tell them to back off. Like I said you owe me that much." She orders me.
"No. I don't fucking owe you anything! What did you do? Other then make my life hell? Fuck owe you. You owe me." I frown letting my tears that were welling in my eyes fall down.
"I brought you into this world." My mum says knowing it's the only thing she has.
"Ok and that makes me owe you?" I ask mad. "All you did was yell at me, I was never enough, you fucked me up, you made me do the shit I did." I yell knowing she knows what I mean.
"It's not my fault, you were the one who took it to heart." She shrugs.
"Leave." I cry.
"Fine. Suit yourself." She snarls.
"Don't ever fucking come back or I'll arrest you." I tell her as she leaves with a slam of the door.
"Well. It wouldn't be a family thanksgiving without drama." Aaron shrugs trying to lighten the mood as I cry into Tim's chest.
"She's just a bitch." I say quietly.
"I agree. That's the first time I've met her and I'd like to never again." Angela says.
"It's always the same shit. It goes the same every time." I say as I angrily wipe my tears on my sleeve.
"Yeah, remember a few years ago when she came to our apartment and she said your dad and her were getting divorced." Jackson laughs.
"OMG Yes! And she rearranged our whole house." I giggle we spend a little longer talking shit about my mum and then when all the kids come back in complaining about food we all set up at the dining table and eat. The rest of the dinner goes to plan and we all laugh lots talking about funny stories.