⚡︎52⚡︎

"So it was 5 years ago... 6 maybe? No... 5."

𖤓

𓇢

𖠰

Tom POV, 5 years ago

"Did he hurt you..? Are you okay?"

"Calm down, you're safe now, you did the right thing."

"He won't hurt you anymore."

"...that previous golden guard was never good anyway... don't you remember what he did at the ball 5 years ago?" One of the scouts mumbled.

...

"Yeah, that poor boy he attacked nearly died, he was way too violent and crazy to ever lead us." Another scout mumbles.

...

At this point... everything hurts.

Not just physically... but... mentally..

...I'm going to die...

And... I'm going to die alone...

I drag my hand against the dirt hard. My fingers grupping into the ground... the dirt getting underneath my fingernails.

"No- ghhhg-"

More blood spills out my mouth. It splats against the ground.

I stare at the knife Hunter had dropped. The knife I made for him.

Who knew I was the one who crafted my own murder weapon.

I continue coughing and my chest hurts as I do. My eyes are blurry and all I can see is the guards grabbing Hunter and walking him off.

I dig my hands into the dirt again.

And I could have sworn he looked back at me once. I spit out more blood.

I start tearing up, and coughing hurts, I just let the blood sit in my throat and chest. And my eyelids droop.

It's... so uncomfortable.

I feel like I'm drowning.

It hurts so badly. It hurts so badly. It feels like I'm drowning in all my pain, all my hurt. It pools in my mouth and some of it drips down my mouth to my cheek.

I cough and more of it spurts out of my mouth.

... it hurts...

The footsteps from the scouts are gone and I feel like the only thing I can hear is the sound of my pulse slowing.

I turn my head slightly and I flip from my side, onto my back. It hurts just to simply do that and more blood spurts out of both my mouth and my chest.