⚡︎46⚡︎

...

"Do you have anywhere you need to be?" Hunter asks.

You both are walking in the emperors coven hallway. It's silent, just the two of you walking side by side in the hallway.

His mask is on again.

"Not really... but I was thinking of checking in on Viney since she works today, she wasn't feeling well last night." You say.

He nods.

"Do you have anything you need to do?" You ask.

Hunter stays quiet for a little and then looks at you again.

"No, not really, but I probably should do some missions the emperor wants me to do." He says.

You nod and glance at him.

"What kinda missions?" You ask.

"Just patrols." Hunter says.

You nod.

You both approach the healing wing and stand there in the hallway looking at eachother silently. He rubs his arm.

"When do you need me next? I can come whenever you want." You say.

"Um... well I was thinking we could try and get the griffin blood again." He says.

"Sure, when would you like to?" You ask.

"Whenever you're free." He says.

"I work tomorrow, how about the next day?" You say.

He nods.

"That sounds fine." He says simply.

You smile and nod. He looks around and takes off his mask to look at you better.

"...while you're checking on your friend..." he mumbles.

You tilt your head, his gaze hardens.

"...don't talk to that guy." He says sternly.

You frown a little. He notices you frowning and his gaze hardens a little more. He folds his arms and sighs.

"I don't want him to hurt you." He says.

"He won't."

"He will."

"...no he won't." You fold your arms.

"You don't know that." He raises an eyebrow.

"Yes I do." You say.

"Oh really? How?" He scoffs.

"I just do." You say.

Hunter pinches the bridge of his nose and sighs. He looks at you again and his gaze softens.

"...I just don't want him to know you're involved with this plan, he's most likely against it." He says.

"And-" he blushes.

"And what?" You ask.

He blushes a little bit more.

"I just- I don't want him talking to you. I don't. I don't like seeing him talk to you, he pisses me off. So just don't talk to him." He says quickly.

He looks away embarrassed. You smile a little.

"You're jealous." You say.

"No! I'm not! I'm-"

You hold his cheek and he just shuts up immediately. His face softens to your touch and you smile softly at his quick change in behavior.

 His face softens to your touch and you smile softly at his quick change in behavior