⚡︎14⚡︎

~ Hexside - 5 years ago ~

"You want to dance with me?" You ask.

"...yeah." He blushes.

Your eyes widen and you open your mouth to speak but he quickly shakes his hands and interrupts you.

"But- but- listen." He says quickly.

"Yes?" You ask.

"I just- c-can we... over here... away..? From everyone..? I just- I've never been around so many people a-a-and-" He starts sweating

"You're nervous." You say.

"NO! NO! IM NOT! I CAN- o-o-or... WEEEEE? ...CAN GO OUT TO THE GYM? AND DANCE?" He sweats even more and gestures to the gym.

You take his gestured hand and hold it in yours.

"We can stay here, if that's what you're comfortable with." You say softly.

He blinks rapidly and his face flushes so red, he looks down at the ground and then shakes his head and quickly looks back up at you. He opens his mouth about to speak and then closes it and then opens it again... and then closes it.

You smile.

"B-" He stutters.

As soon as he stutters there's a slow song you both hear that comes on in the gym. You look at the gym and see everyone starting to mingle together. Then you look at him.

You blink. He is so nervous right now isn't he? You've never seen him this nervous, yet he's trying so hard for you.

"B-but I-isn't that what you want..? T-to go to the dance floor..? I-I-I can- I mean- w-we can-" He stutters.

You shake your head and just pull him into a hug.

"Mm-" He mumbles softly and holds his arms out not sure to hug back.

"You're here that's all that matters stupid! I don't care where we dance." You say.

His face is boiling and he honestly feels like he's about to cry. Not out of sadness but of genuine confusion and embarrassment.

"W-what is this? What are you doing?" He says all nervously and tense.

"I'm hugging you." You say.

"O-Oh-! Uh..." He laughs awkwardly, trying to calm down.

He's just going to pretend he knows what a hug is. If he were to tell you he doesn't know what it is you would probably make fun of him. He stays quiet and lets you hug him, his arms held up awkwardly not hugging you back.

"Put your arms around me." You look up at him.

"W-wait- why do I- ....oh-" He blushes when you grab his arms and position them to be around you.

You can feel his heart racing tremendously, you don't look at his face though. Since you're both kind of the same height, your chins resting over his shoulder, and your leaning the side of your head against his.

He blinks rapidly, not knowing whether or not if he feels uncomfortable or comfortable. However as he thinks that, his heart rate begins to slow and he calms down, and his tensed body finally loosens up.

He's never been... held.. it's his first time in his life he's ever been shown affection like this. He can't help but feel cared for, or appreciated. It's a nice feeling, and expressing it through this form of physical touch feels so calm and meaningful.

You shift your arms more comfortably around him. He leans his head more into the hug and rests his head against your shoulder seemingly more comfortable.