⚡︎27⚡︎

2 days passed. You were finally coming in to your shift today, and just walking into the emperors coven brought you anxiety because you were afraid he would be anywhere.

This place has been his home. His home and you never knew it.

You're sweating and you just speed walk to the healing wing and you open the door. River looks up at you and smiles.

"Hi..!" He smiles brightly.

"Hey." You let out a relieved breath you didn't run into Hunter on your way here.

"You look tense." He says.

"I had a bad dream." You roll your eyes.

"What happened?" He asks.

"It was a dream where I met someone stupid who I want to punch." You scoff.

"Oh..? Who?" He tilts his head.

"I don't know, just someone who's super stupid." You roll your eyes.

"You don't look like you slept well." He frowns.

"Mmmghhh..." you grumble.

"Oh! Wait I got you something..! Hopefully it'll help... actually.." River grins and walks over to his office.

You follow him curiously and he smiles sweetly and pulls out a (favorite coffee/drink) and a (favorite pastry).

Your eyes widen and you take it

"River...! Thank you...!" you say sincerely and take it.

"I think we had a text conversation about what you usually get at a coffee shop, so... I decided to go before I came in today and get you something." He smiles.

"I didn't even eat breakfast... so this actually helps... thank you..." You say gently.

"Oh geez, you can't miss out on the most important meal of the day." He smiles.

You smile back.

"...have you been... feeling okay..?" He then asks.

You tilt your head.

"I don't know... it's just... you've seemed... nervous lately... like somethings been on your mind or bothering you." He says.

You tense up even more.

"It's just... family.." you lie.

"I'm sorry, well if you ever need anything I'm here." He smiles.

You nod and take a sip your coffee when you notice River left a sticky note on it.

It says "For Y/n <3"

"Aw, I didn't notice this, it's cute." You smile.

"Thanks! I thought it would be cute, so I added it." He grins.