⚡︎ 11 ⚡︎

~Bonesburrow Library - 5 years ago ~

Hunter POV:

I sit at the library table. It's that day of the week we usually meet up but she's not showing. She said that her dance she was talking about is this Friday.

I was thinking about a way to apologize, and I managed to think of one. I got her a small thing of flowers, I wasn't sure about giving her flowers or if it would be too much but Tom thought it would be a great idea.

... she never showed. But I don't want her to be mad at me forever, so I stand up and I walk to her home.

I look at her house and I genuinely start sweating and shaking as my finger hovers over the doorbell.

Pull yourself together. Pull yourself together.

I take a few deep breaths and I dust off my shirt and I shakily eye the doorbell again and I take a few more breaths.

As soon as I'm about to do it the door already opens and I nearly stumble back and fall on my behind but I grab the porch railing before I do.

I'm met with her older brother who's of course, glaring at me.

"Sorry, I was watching you stand there through the window and you looked pathetic trying to gather up the courage to ring the doorbell, so I decided to just open the door, and get it over with." Steve smirks.

I steady myself back up and blush nervously.

"...C-can I talk to Y/n..?" I ask.

Steve stares down at me and his smirk grows wider and wider as soon as I ask that. So much so he looks like he has an evil grin and it's starting to bother me.

"Hah. Haha." He laughs, still looking at me this way.

"She's actually not here right now." He smirks.

...

"She's... not?" I frown.

Your POV:

"And he said no!" You say.

"Why didn't you tell me you had a boyfriend?" Viney asks going through the dress wracks.

You both are out at a store looking for dresses to wear for Grom. You figured it would be better than seeing Hunter since he clearly doesn't like you...

"Well! He's not my boyfriend! He's my friend! But I wanted him to be my date! As... as friends.." You say.

"So he's your crush???" Viney asks.

"No...!" You say.

"Y/n you never told me you were talking to any boy until just now!" She says.

"Because I forgot." You say.

"Orrrrr he's not real and you're making up an excuse why you don't have a date to Grom." Viney raises an eyebrow.

"He is too real!" You glare at her.

"Sureee." Viney grins.

"I was supposed to see him today but I was too nervous, and I don't think he likes me because he said no." You frown.

"Well we're busy getting dresses!" Viney says and puts her arm around your shoulder.

"What color are you gonna go with?" Viney asks.

"I'm thinking either (favorite color) or... (other favorite color)." You say.

"Okay, let's split up, and then we will try on dresses together!" Viney grins.