⚡︎ 9 ⚡︎

Your POV:

After your shift that day, you made sure to keep Flapjack secure in your bag. You decided to take him home with you, leaving him all alone in the emperors coven as a palisman wouldn't be the best idea so you needed to keep him safe.

The next day when you went into work you noticed none other than the golden guard pacing around the healing wing. When he sees you he slightly gasps.

"What are you doing here?" You glare at him.

"T-that's- .....I'm looking for something..!" He says quickly.

"Looking... for what?" You furrow your eyebrows.

"That's none of your concern, I need to be let in to search the healing wing." He says.

You sigh and bring out your keys to open the door, this time River genuinely did ask you to come in a bit earlier to open the place and set things up.

He walks in before you as soon as you open the door and he's looks around the whole area, his head is turning left and right.

"I could help..? If you want?" You ask.

"Your offer to help is appreciated, but no." He says straightforwardly.

You fold your arms and continue to watch him search the area all around. He goes to the back into the storage room and looks around. You decide to just start setting up the clinic while he does his thing.

You turn the lights on and start setting up the front desk and all the other things. You go into the little hallway and open the door to your little office.

As you set things up in your little office room you hear him muttering to himself as he's looking around the storage room.

"He had one job...!" He mutters as he searches the storage room.

You can't help but be a tad bit curious so you walk into the storage room and turn on the lights.

"Ah!" He jumps and turns to look at you.

"What?!" He exclaims.

You smirk a little and lean against the door frame. "Nothing, wouldn't a little light at least help?"

"Sure sure. Whatever." He sighs.

"Why are you searching here? I don't recall you coming in yesterday at all and leaving anything here." You say.

"Listen, I'd appreciate if you don't question me, this is my business." He says trying to remain calm.

"Does this have to do with you weird secret business with that weird hooded guy? Is that why you don't want me to know?" You scoff.

"Hhhghh.." He groans and then walks up to you.

"Listen.... Y/n.... The last thing I want right now is talking, I'm asking politely for you to just shut up and let me focus." He points at you.

"Look, some friendly advice here, it's better to look for something you've lost when you're calm and collected. You seem a bit on edge." You raise an eyebrow.

He tenses up even more and clenches his fists.

"Okay little miss know it all, I don't need advice! Why don't you just go into your office and stay in there unless I need you!" He exclaims.

"Titan geez." You roll your eyes and walk away.

You go back to your office and sit down in your chair. Might as well just go on your scroll to pass time. You open up your bag and a little tweet comes out of it.