⚡︎22⚡︎

~Hidden Cell - 5 years ago ~

A weeks passed and it's getting closer to my promotion. It's all Belos had been talking about. He's been preparing... a ceremony and everything.

It's making me on edge and me and Tom have been rushing trying to understand this alternative use of magic.

We were gonna figure it out today. And we were gonna plan on getting him out today.

...

I was supposed to see Y/n today.

...

She's probably wondering where I am right now.

I frown and look down.

...

Today's the day.

...

I start getting lost in my thoughts and I just frown even more.

Tom looks at the book again, and sighs.

"Symbol. What symbol? What does it want from me? What symbol?" He glares at the page of the book.

I snap out of my thought process and I focus on the page he's looking at..

We're figuring out the fire glyph. Once it works and we melt the lock off we're getting out of here. I brought the paper needed and I brought a cloak for him to use so we can get out of here without him being recognized.

"Symbol. It says to gain it from the original." I say pointing at a segment of the glyph book we're looking at.

"Original? Like what?" Tom says.

"We want fire, so we need to study... fire.." I say.

"That's why I brought some matches. These are sold at very few stores, since everyone else can just circle their finger and out comes the fire...You're lucky I got my hands on them." I say and place the box of matches down.

"Okay, light one then, let's see." He says.

"Okay, according to the instructions on the box I drag a match across the floor and it lights up." I say holding a match out.

Tom watches me and I drag the match across the floor and it sparks and lights up.

"Ooooo.." We both say at the same time, watching it flicker with a soft flame.

"That's so cool." I say.

"That's really cool." Tom says.

...

"Okay, okay, anyway, we need to study it, do you wanna hold it?" I ask handing him the match.

"No, what if it burns me?" He scoots away.

"I'm holding it right now and it's not burning me." I say.

"How do I hold it." He says.

"Just hold it." I say.

He grabs it by the top of the match where it's burning and quickly turns out the candle.

"Ow!" He flinches and pulls his hand away.

"Tom you can't be that dumb, you can't touch fire, it hurts, you know that right?" I glare at him.

"Yeah I'm not stupid. I've just never seen it on a match before and you know most witches can hold it in their hands, I thought-"

I stare at him blankly.

"Okay whatever. How am I supposed to hold it if you're holding the bottom of it already, I'd have to light my own to hold it." He says.