bad idea right?

"yes, i know that he's my ex, but can't two people reconnect? i only see him as a friend, the biggest lie i've ever said."
_______________________________

you were with maddy, on the way to the premiere for the black phone.

"mads we broke up 2 months ago and nobody outside of our family and friends know. paparazzi and the fans think we're still together and just taking a social media break." you lean your head back against the car head rest in frustration, quickly bouncing your leg against the floor of the car.

maddy rubs your shoulder in a comforting way, "it's gonna be okay. mason still loves you y/n, everyone can see it. you should have seen how he was looking at you when we all hung out last week. miguel and tristan were even texting me about it because they noticed it too."

"i know, it's just gonna be so awkward. we haven't spoken one on one since the breakup, except over text a few times. i'll never forget how crushed i was maddy. i still love him so much" you sigh, remembering everything that happened.

maddy turns on your favorite song, trying to cheer you up. "you two are made for eachother. everything's gonna fall into place y/n." she smiles at you, making you laugh as she sings along to the song that's playing.

"i really hope so." you smile, screaming the lyrics along with her.

timeskip to premiere

your dress:

the driver drops you two off at the premiere

the driver drops you two off at the premiere. you take a deep breath, your heart racing. "do i look okay?" you turn towards her with an anxious look.

"you look perfect. mason is gonna drop to his knees when he sees you!" she squeals, giggling and pulling you towards the entrance. you smile, scanning the area and seeing who's there.

you finally see mason talking to miguel. "oh my gosh maddy, i see mason" you nudge her with your elbow. she turns to where you're looking at looks back at you, "i can tell. you're drooling" she jokes, making you laugh.

as you were talking to one of your friends who was there, mason sees you. his jaw drops, getting miguel's attention. "holy shit miguel, she's so perfect." he stares at you. miguel laughs at him, "you're cooked. but seriously, you need to talk to her. i saw her look at you when she got here with maddy, she loves you bro"

"i know, maddy told me the same thing. we haven't talked one on one in a long time, i just don't wanna do anything to screw it up. i really broke her heart miguel, i've never seen her cry like that before." mason confesses, clearly nervous to even talk to you.

"go talk to her mason. she is literally head over heels for you!" he pushes mason away.

mason comes over to you, slightly startling you since you were facing the other way.

"hey y/n, how have you been?" he smiles, trying not to make it obvious that he was staring. you turn to face him, moving your hair behind your ear. "hey! i've been good, how have you been?" you smile, a genuine one this time. you were excited to see him in person.

"i've been good. you look really pretty tonight, by the way." he smirks as your cheeks flush red. the both of you still know how to make eachother flustered, even if you're not together, you still know everything about each other.

"thanks, you look great too mason. how was filming?" the two of you talk about everything you've missed over the last 2 months, feeling glad that things weren't awkward. it was almost like it was back to normal.

it had been around 20 minutes later of you and mason talking that it was time for cast pictures.

"mason and y/n!" "mason and y/n! stand together!" the paparazzi kept telling you two, so you did. it was already arranged like that anyways.

mason wraps his arm around your waist, making you feel nervous all over again, but in a good way. your smile visibly grows, and it doesn't go unnoticed by mason. he smirks, acting like nothing happened and continuing to smile for the paparazzi.

after the pictures were over, mason drags you away from the crowd, "can i talk to you?" you agree and drag him to an empty staff bathroom, closing the door. you already had a feeling about what he was going to talk to you about, but you wanted to be 100% sure.

"what's up?" you act oblivious, knowing he probably wouldn't buy it. he grabs your hands, "i miss you so much y/n. i know i broke your heart, and i'm so sorry. you're the most important person to me and i'm still so in-love with you." he confesses, a genuine look in his eyes.

you grin, making mason sigh in relief. "i love you mason. i've missed you so much, and i know you were just doing what you thought was best. i'm so glad you still feel the same way"

mason hugs you, wrapping his arms tightly around your waist for the first time in awhile. you bury your face in the crook of his neck, smelling his cologne.

"can i kiss you?" mason pulls away from you a little, scanning your face and making sure you're not uncomfortable. "please" you smile.

he quickly pulls you closer to him, kissing you like it was the last time he ever would. his hands run up and down your waist, squeezing your hips. the kiss quickly gets more heated.

mason puts you on the counter, standing in between your legs. he puts one hand on your  bare thigh, rubbing it, the other staying on your hip. you whimper at the feeling of his hand rubbing your thigh. slightly pulling on the back of his hair, he groans into the kiss.

he pulls away, the both of you breathless. he kisses you a few more times before moving down to your neck, leaving wet kisses down your jaw and to your collarbone. "m-mase, don't leave anything" you breathe out, the air getting thicker. he smirks at the way he's making you sound, moving to the other side of your neck.

"you're so pretty" he whispers, not listening to you and sucking dark marks onto the side of your neck. you softly moan as he moves back up to your lips, silencing you.

a few moments later, you pull away, making mason groan. "mason we have to go back out there. they'd be pissed if they found out we were making out in the bathroom." you giggle, looking in the mirror at your makeup.

"fineeee" he playfully rolls his eyes, looking at you through the mirror. his eyes widen as he sees the hickeys on your neck, moving your hair to cover it. you look at him in surprise, trying to suppress a giggle. you take the concealer in your purse and try to cover it up as good as you could.

when you two finished trying to make yourselves not look so flustered, you walked out hand in hand. maddy and miguel spot you two, smiling. "did you guys talk it out?" maddy smiles, completely oblivious. miguel smirks at your puffy lips, "they definitely did some talking"

after the premiere, everything was just like it used to be between you and mason. you were glad he had kept his promise to you.

a/n: here's part 2 to hope ur ok!!!! i feel like this is rlly long LMAO😭😭😭 vote and comment!!