sleeping

flirty best friends to lovers trope!!!
____________________________

you, brooke, and mason were having a sleepover at their house while their parents were on a business trip.

brooke was on one couch, and you and mason were on the bigger couch while you all were watching a movie. "y/n come sit with me!" brooke gestures for you to come over, moving over so you can have space. as you were about to stand up, mason grabs your wrist, "no stay with me" he pleads, trying to pull you back on the couch.

"mason leave her alone, she's my best friend too" brooke scoffs, rolling her eyes at mason. he flips her off, turning back to you. you laugh at the interaction, "mason just come sit with us" you stand up, going to sit next to brooke.

mason walks over, "there's not enough room" he groans. "y/n stand up" he grabs your hand, pulling you up, sitting down in your spot. before you can even say anything, mason grabs your waist and pulls you on his lap, your back facing him. your eyes widen, cheeks turning red. mason wraps his arms around your waist.

brooke smirks, knowing that you two like eachother. you both talk about all the time to her, but she's waiting on one of you to confess.

you relax in masons lap, scooting down so your head is resting on his chest. he wraps his arms tighter around your waist, resting one hand on your thigh and resting his chin on your head. "comfortable?" he leans down and whispers in your ear. "mhm" you smile, trying to focus on the movie and not him.

after a few more movies, brooke decides to go to bed, leaving you and mason in the living room. you move off of masons lap and lay next to him, laying your head on his lap. he grabs a throw blanket from the edge of the couch, covering you up with it. "thank you" you smile at the simple gesture.

you turn on your back, looking up at mason. he feels you staring at him, "what?" he laughs. "you're so nice to me, why?" you genuinely wonder, as he doesn't act like this towards everyone. he moves the stray hairs off your forehead, "because i care about you." you smile and turn back towards the tv, feeling his fingers run through your hair.

it was around 2:15 am and you start to feel your eyes close during the second high school musical movie. mason notices, turning the tv volume down a little so it doesn't keep you awake.

30 minutes later, the movie ends. you were fully asleep on his lap. mason gently moves you off of him, putting a pillow under your head. he goes to the bathroom to brush his teeth and comes back to you on the couch. he doesn't wanna wake you up, so he picks you up and carry's you to his bedroom.

you wake up, rubbing your eyes. "where are we going?" mason looks down at you, slightly startled. "to bed sleepyhead, you fell asleep" he swiftly opens his door with his foot, moving the blankets back on his bed and laying you down. he covers you with the blankets. as he's pulling them on you, you grab his hand.

"mason?" you mumble, your voice raspy from waking up a few minutes prior. "yeah?" he doesn't let go of your hand, thanking God you're too tired to register the blush spreading across his cheeks. "can you stay with me?" you look up at him, silently pleading with your eyes. he couldn't say no to the look on your face, "of course"

you move the blankets down to your waist, "do you think it's hot in here or is it just me?" you yawn, sitting up and taking off your hoodie, leaving you in your black tank top. "no it's definitely hot" he stands up, taking off his hoodie as well, leaving him shirtless.

you blush, laying back down and waiting on him to come lay with you. mason plugs his phone in and cuts the lamp off, climbing into his bed and laying behind you, knowing you sleep better on the outside of the bed closest to the door. it's normal for you and mason to sleep in the same bed, considering how long you've known each other and how often you're together.

he wraps his arm around your waist, pulling you into his chest. you turn to face him, pulling the blankets to your shoulder and moving closer to mason, feeling cold as the air kicked on. "now it's cold" you shiver a little. he pulls you closer, putting his hand up your shirt and rubbing your back, "i'll keep you warm"

you giggle, burying your head in his chest so you don't wake up brooke. mason smiles at your reaction, "can i tell you something?" you feel his heart rate quicken and move to look at him, your eyes adjusting to the little bit of light in the room, given by the streetlights. "anything mase" you reassure him.

he takes a deep breath, "i love you. i've liked you for a while now, but i genuinely think i love you. i've never felt like this about someone before." he finishes, waiting for you to say something. "i love you too mason. i was really hoping you felt the same way so i didn't make myself look stupid" you grin, internally feeling ecstatic.

it goes silent for a few moments. "can i kiss you?" mason breaks the silence, his hand moving up your waist and to your cheek. "please" you move even closer to him, feeling his lips on yours. his hand moves down to the side of your neck, his thumb caressing your cheek. you run your fingers through his hair, feeling him smile into the kiss.

he pulls away a few moments later, both of you breathless, grinning at eachother. "you're so beautiful" he moves your hair behind your ear,
kissing your forehead. "i love you mase" you turn around so your back is facing him, moving closer to him. "i love you more pretty girl" he kisses your head, resting his head on yours.

a/n: this is so cute i love it. i think the post christmas depression is hitting rn🗣️🗣️🗣️🗣️ vote and comment🙏🙏