wisdom teeth (reversed)

________________________________

mason, his mom, and i were on our way to the oral surgeon to get mason's wisdom teeth out. "y/n/n i'm scared. it's gonna hurt after" mason leans his head on my shoulder and puts his hand on my thigh. "it's okay. it's not even that bad" i try to reassure him, knowing damn well i was lying straight through my teeth.

"you literally cried all day for a week straight and stayed in my bed all week. i've never seen you in so much pain before" he runs his hands through his hair, getting more anxious. "...that's besides the point" i jokingly roll my eyes, making masons mom laugh.

"mason honey you're going to be fine. y/n's with you okay?" she reassured him, smiling at him through the rear view mirror. he smiles back at her, laying back on me and kissing my cheek.

about 10 minutes later, we pull into the oral surgeon. mason moves closer to me and buries his face in my neck and squeezes my waist, not wanting to go inside. "mason come on, its not that bad." i try to pry him off. "i had to practically drag you out of the car. don't even" mason scoffs, hesitantly getting out of the car.

we walk into the oral surgeon and sign mason in, his mom staying in the car. "i wish you could come with me, i'm so scared." he sits next to me in the waiting room, grabbing my hand and rubbing his thumb on top of it. "i know, it's okay i'll be right here at the end okay?" i smile and try to reassure him.

soon after, the surgeons take him back. i wait in the waiting room for about an hour until the doctor comes to get me.

"here he is. he won't stop talking about you" she smiles at me, leading me to his room.

"aw there's my girlfriend!" mason slurs, stumbling towards me. "hi mase" i giggle, grabbing his shoulders to stabilize him. "you look more pretty than i remember. i haven't seen you in forever" he hugs me, putting his head on my shoulder and swaying us back and forth.

my face turns red and the doctor laughs, handing me a bag full of meds and other things mason will need, "here, he's gonna need these. he's gonna be loopy for a little but it will turn into drowsiness, so expect a lot of naps."

"look at how fat my face is y/n. you might have to fight the nurse for making me look this fat" mason huffs, angry at the nurse.

"okay mason time to go. thank you!" i laugh and thank the nurse as she gives us a wheelchair for mason. "bye teeth doctor!" mason waves at her, looking back at me.

"y/nnnn i'm too heavy for you to push me. i can walk i'm not crippled" he stands up, immediately almost falling onto me. "let's just go the car okay?" i giggle, helping him in the car.

he lays in the backseat, "sit with me" he mumbles as i'm about to shut the door. i get in the back seat, smiling at his mom. "have fun?" she looks at mason, smiling at his puffy cheeks. "mhm" he pulls my legs so i'm laying down and then lays on me, laying his head on my chest.

"comfy?" i smile, running my fingers through his hair. "yeah- where is food mom? i'm hungry i think my pillow is hungry too" he rambles,
obviously still loopy.

"you can't eat now, you have to wait a little okay?" she looks at us through the rear view mirror. mason lifts his head up, looking at me, "i can't?"

i shake my head at him, kissing his forehead. he frowns and puts his head back on my chest.

we get back home and help mason to his room, laying him down in his bed. i'm about to walk back out to get my stuff from the car until mason whines, "no baby stay with me." i smile at him, laying in his bed. he lays his head on my chest.

"does your mouth hurt?" i whisper. "honestly it doesn't. i feel normal but i think it's because i got 2 out and not 4 like you did" he tiredly laughs, about to fall asleep. "go to sleep, i love you. you can just take the medicine when you wake up okay?" i play with his hair

"mhm, i love you more"

a/n: thjs is so shit but please vote and comment anyways guys also who else's fyp is being overtaken by the josh hutcherson whistle edits😭😭😭😭😭