the first "i love you"

________________________________

mason was at my house, helping me get snacks for the movies we were gonna watch. we're childhood best friends, but i've been in love with him since we were kids. we met while we were in diapers, and we've been inseparable ever since.

"mason help me grab this!" i squeal, about to drop all of the snacks in my hand. he turns around and starts laughing at me, grabbing some of the snacks out of my hand. "there i got you." he grins at me, making me smile.

i'm standing at the fridge, trying to figure out what drinks to get. he puts his hand on my hip, gently moving me out of the way. my cheeks turn bright red, making him give me a weird look. "what?" he laughs, moving closer to me. "nothing mase." i smile, trying to hide my red cheeks.

he backs me up against the fridge, "do i make you nervous?" i blush harder, looking away from him. "no thames you don't, c'mon let's go to my room." he gives me a look, grabbing the snacks and pulling me upstairs.

we get into my room, closing the door. he picks me up and throws me on my bed, making me cackle. "we're watching a horror movie no questions asked." my eyes widen, he knows how much i hate them. he laughs at my worried expression.

"no please those scare me." i plead, not wanting to watch any of them. "y/n it's not real, i'm right here." i huff, putting my head on his shoulder. "fine."

he turns on "the conjuring". of course he picks the fucking scariest movie. "are you serious what the hell oh my god i fucking hate this scary ass movie mason." i rant, throwing my head back and pulling my knees up to my chest. "you. are. fine. i'm literally right here with you nothings gonna happen okay?" he reassures me, putting his hand on my knee. i smile at him as he starts the movie.

a jumpscare comes on, making me grab masons arm and put my face into his shoulder. he chuckles, wrapping his arm around me. i move myself down, burying my face into his chest and wrapping my arm around his torso.

his heart beat immediately speeds up. i sit up, pausing the movie and turning to face him. "what's wrong mase?" he looks away from me, "nothing, everything's fine let's finish the movie okay?"

i furrow my brows, not believing him. "really what's wrong? is everything okay?" he sighs, grabbing my hands and rubbing his thumbs on the top of them.

"i love you. i've loved you since we were kids. it's always been you. you make me so nervous but you also make me feel like the most important person in the world. even if you don't feel the same way, i'm not gonna love you any less, okay? you're my favorite person. i'm hopelessly in love with you."

i'm speechless. i had no idea he felt the same way about me. i smile so big at him as tears start falling. he wipes them, holding my cheek. i grab him by his shirt collar, kissing him. he smiles into the kiss, moving one hand to my waist.

i pull away, my cheeks flushed and breathing heavily. "i love you too. you have no idea how long i've loved you."

he moves a piece of hair behind my ear, kissing me again. "i've known for a while, baby. you're not very good at hiding it. i could breathe near you and you'd blush, it was so easy to make you flustered." he smirks. "oh my god stop i hate you." i giggle, putting my head into his chest.

he wraps his arms around me, pulling me on top of him. "i'm so glad i finally got the balls to tell you that." he plays with my hair. "mase i think everyone knew that we liked eachother besides us." i smile up at him.

"your smile is one of my favorite things about you. it's like your whole face lights up, it's the cutest thing. you're the most beautiful girl ever."

i smile even harder, hiding my red face in his chest. "you know i cannot take compliments mase." he chuckles, "you're gonna have to learn how to because you're gonna be getting them a lot more now than usual." "i'll try my best."

i'm still laying on him, almost falling asleep to him playing with my hair. my eyes close and my body fully relaxes when he whispers, "can i be your boyfriend?"

my head shoots up, grinning at him. "i'd be stupid to say no."

he kisses my forehead, purposely making my cheeks flush red. "God i love you so much." he pulls me closer to him, continuing to play with my hair to lull me to sleep.

a/n: someone requested this idk who, i hope it's good LMFAOO vote and comment!!!