family issues

________________________________

"you're so fucking lazy y/n! all you do is rot in your room. you don't do anything, you're going nowhere in life!" your mom and dad yelled at you, your dad raising his hand to hit you. "okay i get it. i'll leave since i'm such a failure! nothing i do is ever enough!" you sob, running back upstairs to pack your stuff.

throwing clothes, your wallet, your phone charger, your airpod's, and other necessities into your bag, you call mason. he doesn't answer, which isn't a surprise.

you and mason had just gotten into an argument a few hours before over something stupid, and he was still mad. but, you needed somewhere to go and his house is basically your second home. you knew he'd still let you in, even if he was still mad at you.

"please answer the phone" you cry, going out of your window and driving to masons house, since he doesn't live far. you call him one more time, but it just goes straight to voicemail. "fuck!" you hit the steering wheel with your palm, irritated because it was pouring down rain and he still wasn't answering.

a few minutes later, you pull into his driveway. you grab your bag, trying to calm yourself down before getting to his door, but ultimately failing. you were freezing cold, soaking wet, and upset about everything.

you knock on the door, looking through the frosted glass to see if he's coming. "mason please open the door" you cry, continuing to knock. he finally comes to the door, swinging it open to see you soaking wet and shivering with mascara running down your face.

"what do you- y/n? c'mon get inside, you're soaking wet" he pulls you inside, grabbing your cheeks and making you look at him. "what happened?" he moves your dripping wet hair behind your ears. you shake your head, your breathing getting heavier and your tears still flowing.

mason gently wipes your tears, "it's okay, just tell me what happened. i'm not mad at you baby" he reassures you. "my parents keep arguing and taking their anger out on me, they told me i'm lazy and i'm going nowhere in life-" you pause, your voice cracking. "and my dad was gonna hit me. and you were mad at me but i didn't know where else to go, i'm sorry"

mason's face drops as he pulls you into a tight hug, not caring if his shirt got wet. "i got you y/n. don't listen to them, it's not true i promise. i'm not mad at you sweetheart, i'm not." he kisses your forehead, "let's go get you in dry clothes" he takes you to his room, giving you one of his t-shirts and a pair of shorts you had left there.

you change out of your wet clothes, throwing them into his laundry basket. "please don't make me go back there" you go to sit on his bed, putting your head in your hands. mason frowns, kneeling infront of you, "you're staying here, it's not safe there. i couldn't let you go back knowing something could happen"

you nod as he lays down in his bed, opening his arms for you. you lay next to him, facing him. he turns on his side to face you, wrapping his arm around your waist. "why don't my parents treat me right mason?" you cover your face, trying not to tear up again.

he moves your hands, frowning when he sees your teary eyes. "i don't know baby, i'm sorry. it's not your fault" he pulls you closer, tucking your hair behind your ear and kissing your temple.

"do you really think that?" you quickly wipe a tear that had fell. mason furrows his brows, "of course i think that. you deserve the world y/n, i love you"

mason grabs your waist, moving onto his back and taking you with him. you sigh in content, feeling his fingers running through your hair. "i'm sorry about our argument mase" you mumble, breaking the silence. "don't apologize, it was a stupid argument baby, it's okay" he kisses your head, moving his hand to the back of it.

you smile, feeling more tired as mason tells you random parts about his day. he continues talking until hears your soft snores, realizing you had fell asleep.

time skip

______________________________

you wake up facing away from mason, his arm wrapped tightly around your waist. he wakes up a few minutes after you, feeling you turn to face him. "sleep good?" he moves your hair out of your face. you smile, nodding your head as you grabbed your phone.

texts kept coming through from your parents, none of them being apologies. you huff, showing mason your phone. he furrows his brows, "why do they treat you like shit and then try to make you feel bad?" he turns your phone off, throwing it beside you.

you shrug your shoulders, running a hand through your hair. mason frowns, noticing how anxious they make you. he pulls you closer to him, kissing your cheek and rubbing your waist, turning on your tv and putting on gilmore girls to distract you.

a/n: i'm back😇😇😇😇😇 we just switched school semesters so i've been less active and i'm going through sophomore slump rn LMFAOO but vote and comment pls!!