napping

_________________________________

masons pov

y/n was supposed to be at my house 30 minutes ago. she's not answering her phone and her life360 says she's still at home. she's never late or anything and i know she'd tell me if she was gonna be, so i had no idea what was happening.

i called her mom to ask if she knew, but she was at work and said she had no clue.

i tried to call her again, but it kept going to voicemail. i've texted her 3 times and still, no answer.

y/n/n💐💌

hey baby when are you coming?
delivered 5:15 pm

answer🙏🙏🙏
delivered 5:33 pm

are you okay sweetheart?
delivered 6:17 pm

i was still getting no answer and i was starting to get worried, i knew she wouldn't just bail on me so i got in my car and drove to her house. her car was still in the driveway so she couldn't have left.

using my key, i unlocked her front door and went inside. it was silent and she wasn't in the living room like normal when i come over, except her dog which was sleeping on the floor next to the couch.

i went upstairs and to her room. the door was halfway opened so i went in, and she was fast asleep on her bed. literally curled up into a ball on top of her blankets, with her other dog laying next to her. i smiled, glad that nothing was wrong and about the fact of how cute she looked. i took a picture (don't make that weird😭), and went to go wake her up.

"baby, wake up i'm here." i rubbed her back, accidentally startling her. she woke up, turning around to face me and rubbing her eyes. she looked completely out of it and extremely tired. i furrowed my brows, frowning at her eye bags from the apparent lack of sleep.

y/ns pov

i woke up to mason sitting on the edge of my bed, rubbing my back. confused, i turned around to face him. i didn't even remember falling asleep. my eyes widened, realizing i was supposed to go to his house.

"oh my god mason i'm sorry, i didn't mean to fall asleep i'm so s-" he cut me off, "shhh it's okay baby, i'm not mad." he reassures me, moving the hair out of my face. i felt so bad and i guess he could tell by the worried look on my face, "really it's okay y/n, i promise."

i tiredly smile, sitting up to hug him. i run my fingers through the back of his hair, immediately relaxing in his touch. i'm slowly dozing off again on his shoulder without even realizing.

he pulls away, making my eyes quickly snap open. he frowns, looking at the dark circles under my eyes. i try to pretend like i wasn't just about to fall right back asleep, but he knows. "why are you so tired baby?" i shrug my shoulders, "i don't know. i guess school and cheer and acting is stressing me out. it's hard balancing everything and also expected to be perfect."

he kisses my temple, "i know honey, but you need to sleep. you can't overwork yourself like this, people need to realize you're just a kid." i yawn, nodding my head in understanding.

he lays me back down on my bed, kissing my cheek before laying next to me and pulling me close to him. i bury my head into his chest as he tightly wraps his arms around me, playing with the ends of my hair.

i yawn again, feeling my eyes get heavy again. "please just try to sleep, okay? you need to stop being so hard on yourself baby, it's not healthy." he mumbles into my hair. "i know but i just can't. i always feels so tired but i cant sleep, theres always so much constantly running through my head. i'm sorry for worrying you."

he kisses my forehead and continues to play with my hair, "i know it's hard, but i'm always here for you. no matter what time it is, call me if you need me and i'll be here, okay? you never have to suffer in silence. plus you know i'm always down for a nap."

i giggle, my eyes closing. "it's so much easier to sleep when you're here. i don't know i just feel safer when you're here. i wish we could just nap forever."

"you and me both baby. go to sleep, i'm not going anywhere."

not even comprehending what he said, i quietly mumble "mhm" before falling asleep.

a few hours later, i wake up happier than normal when i feel masons chest pressed into my back and his arms wrapped around my waist. i turn around to face him and he's fast asleep.

a/n: idk what the hell this is but vote and comment anyway🥰🥰🥰🥰 (not proofread)