51. Such a Bad Puppy

A/N: Edited this very poorly, will come in later to polish it up. Just a bit bored of the editing right now.

~*~

Nicks POV

I stared down at the new puppy. Harris's hands were secured behind his back with some rough rope and he sat back on his heels. He was so close to the submission position, all he needed to do was look down with his chin against his chest. Harris was definitely a fighter. It had taken him hours to sit on his legs like he was finally doing and he refused to have his hands behind his back so I had to tie them.

"Head down," I said for the thousandth time.

Harris stared up at me intensely, a harsh glare burning through his eyes. It was still a bit strange to see such hate from someone who used to consider me a friend. Maybe that's why he was so angry, because I fooled him. A rag was tied around his head and in his mouth because I had gotten too annoyed by his comments. He probably imagined himself heroic, defying his captor. Instead, it just made him annoying and unadmirable. It was different to the kindness I was used to from him. While I was beyond ecstatic that Harris could finally know me, a strange part of me missed the friendly guy. I'd just have to bully his spirit, at least get rid of the disobedient angry man he had become.

"You don't seem to believe that you're in danger," I said and he shrugged staring at me.

Harris had yet to see me kill anybody. Since we were friends maybe he didn't believe I would go far with him. I hadn't threatened him with murder yet, since my goal was to keep him alive as another slave. I squat down to his height and he continued glaring into my eyes. Did he really not believe I was the man we had been searching for together? Didn't he recognize the basement and Justin? I had kept him gagged for most of the time so far because all he seemed to do was question how it could be me. He thought we were friends and would beg for the truth and then make nasty comments when I gave him orders. He still really hoped it wasn't me, especially after catching a few glimpses of Mr Graham. Perhaps he still held out hope that Mr Graham was the actual killer. I did not want Mr Graham taking my credit, though.

"Listen, Harris," I sighed and he glanced up, his expression softening slightly at my mood shift. "I do feel we were friends. Truly. I usually just pretend for others. But you? You were genuine."

He looked away then, unable to meet my gaze. Was he feeling shame for being my friend? I hadn't told Justin of my relationship with Harris but it was obvious he was curious.

"What? We're not friends now because you are my slave?" I scoffed. "I'm the exact same person you were fiends with before. You just happen to know more about me now."

Harris shook his head profusely, huffing angrily into his gag.

"If we are not friends, there is always the option to be my lover," I offered teasingly and he was quick to shake his head again.

Harris stared with angry eyes, trying to express just how unhappy the idea made him. I scanned his body. It was attractive, and a surprisingly nice change. There was something refreshing about Harris that I couldn't quite feel from Justin. Was it because Harris saw me for who I really was? A monster? I wanted to have my way with him but I knew there would be no tricking Harris. He was a proud guy who'd likely die before embarrassing himself in the eyes of the department. And he knew better than anybody the videos and photos I had sent in. No, if I was going to have my way with him, he would unfortunately have to just put up with it.

"You look a little dull. Here, brighten up," I said and pulled some women's lipstick from my jacket pocket.

I had stolen it from one of my previous victims, thinking it might be a fun toy eventually. Harris glanced down at it and his glare intensified. I pulled his gag off and went to put it on his lips but he flinched away.