14. Inviting Another

Nicks POV

The house seemed out of place with him inside it. The calm peacefulness was ruined by his wide smile and shiny blonde hair. He was like a white rat or an albino snake. Just any pale animal that humans despised. I was so used to a quiet presence, a deep and dark understanding figure like Mr Graham. But now he sat in my false fathers place. Drake gazed at me, his sly smirk seemed to be one of only two expressions his face could make. The other was his bright, wide set smile. Others probably would've considered it creepy, and it did seem to shatter any comforting feelings the house made me feel.

"You two need to get along." Mr Graham finally spoke from where he sat in the recliner.

"Is there an issue?" Drake's smirk suddenly shifted to one of concern, though I could still see the grin behind his eyes.

"I was speaking to Nick." Mr Graham pointedly stared at me.

"There is no problem." I said calmly.

There was definitely a problem. I could hardly stand the idea of another psychopath like myself. Drake was young and inexperienced unlike Mr Graham. It was always something I couldn't control, the want, the need to kill those who thought they were good enough to be psychopaths. It was so obvious how Drake viewed himself above anybody else, even Mr Graham and I. He should be begging to join our little 'family' as Mr Graham liked to see it.

Mr Graham rolled his eyes at me and stood up. I hadn't bothered to hide my feelings, and he noticed.
He sighed and stood. "It's unlike a gentleman to leave a woman waiting."

I looked at him with wide eyes. He was letting Drake see the basement? He was letting him see the lady tied down there? Why did I have to wait months for him to allow me to finally kill, yet Drake got to see the victim on his first day? Did he have some kind of relationship with Drake that I was unaware of? Was he Mr Graham's favorite student?

"Don't." Mr Graham said, anticipating my refute.
"But..." I said, wanting to hide Justin.

Justin was my slave. There would be no way I'd ever allow Drake to touch him. How could I ask Mr Graham to hide my boy, without Drake knowing of him?

"What is it?" Mr Graham asked impatiently.

I glared at him and glanced towards Drake where he smirked at me.

"Go take care of what you need." Mr Graham rolled his eyes and sat back down.

I quickly rushed out of the room and into the basement. I was careful not to make much noise as I came down the stairs. Justin and the lady were both asleep.

"Justin." I shook him awake from where he slept on the floor. "A bad person is here. I don't know what he'd do to you, so I'm going to hide you."

Justin was confused and groggy but he nodded, trusting whatever it was that I seemed to worry about.

"Whatever you'd like, master." He said as I unlocked his chain and took his hand, leading him towards the small bathroom. His chain could reach inside the bathroom, after all, Justin used the toilet from time to time. The bathtub didn't work but it would have to be a good enough hiding place until Drake left. I didn't want him to see Justin's chain leading into the bathroom so I just locked it to the end of the shower.

"Inside." I pushed Justin towards the tub and he crawled in.

I tucked him in with his towel and kissed his forehead.

"Don't come out until I come to get you." I paused, admiring his big green eyes as they watched me. "And cover your ears. I'm sure Mr Graham wants to kill that woman out there."