2. Woke Up In My Teachers Basement

A/N: is the formatting weird for you guys? When I paste the story in I have to go and separate all the paragraphs because it doesn't tab the paragraphs?
~~~~~~|
Nicks POV

Darkness.

I couldn't see a single thing. My other senses were still working at least. I was laying on my back on something cold and hard. Probably a table, maybe the floor. I heard the quiet dripping sound of a sink. The only other sound was my breathing which I struggled to keep steady. The room smelled almost like a campfire, as if wood was burned throughout the day. I tried sitting up only to be stopped by what I could only assume was rope around my chest, thighs and ankles. My head was still able to look around, unable to see a thing. The sound of a door opening and closing made me jump slightly in alarm, an unfamiliar feeling. Cold air hit my bare skin from a draft as footsteps started coming down a creaky staircase.

"You're up?" I heard a familiar voice.

The next moment a blindfold was pulled away from my eyes and I couldn't help but squint at the sudden brightness. I blinked a few times and finally focused on my captor.

"Mr Graham?"

I suddenly remembered where I was before waking up. My professor was giving me a ride home in his truck. We were discussing my writing in his Horror Studies class.

"Is it what you expected?" Mr Graham asked, appearing wary but somewhat excited.

I squirmed as much as I could with my chest strapped down. "The fuck is happening?"

I struggled to look around the room while secured to the table. It looked like a basement, a clean one at least. It was similar to my fantasies, only this time I was the victim. There weren't any mops or plastic wrap around for cleaning up a mess so that had to be a good sign- I hoped. There was one tiny window near the ceiling that I assumed was ground level since I was in a basement. It was completely blacked out with paint so I couldn't tell if there was still daylight outside.

My heart was beating wildly, I could only hope my fear didn't show anywhere on my naked body. Mr Graham laughed now. He walked around me to the other side of the table. There was another table there, this one smaller but it had tons of pretty blades and a bone saw. If the circumstances were different I would have taken the time to admire such tools but it was a bit difficult to think while being strapped down as the victim.

My mind raced with thoughts. Why was I here? Why was Mr Graham here? Why was I naked?

"I'm sure you know why you're here, Nick." Mr Graham said and selected a small scalpel, gliding it over my bare chest.

He had expressed concern over my writing and thought I felt too connected to the writing. Stories where I wrote about killing people. I thought he was going to turn me in to somebody but apparently he desired killing too? Did he feel threatened by me then?

"Couldn't stand competition?" I attempted a joke to hide how I really felt. It could have been more serious since he had me tied down in his basement.
"I want you to join me." He said.

Join him?? He was like me? How did I not notice? He always expressed admiration for my writing and descriptions of killings.

"Join you?" I was astonished. "Like this?"

I gestured with my head to the ropes over my body.
"This is just a precaution. I have to kill you if I was wrong about you. You do want to kill, don't you?"

It was impossible to imagine Mr Graham as a killer. He was a college professor, aways so professional and encouraging of students in his teachings. I only ever felt an off vibe from him when he offered to give me a ride home, despite him being my favorite teacher. It didn't surprise me that he found out I wanted to kill too though. With the way I wrote in his class, he should have suspected sooner. I had taken writing classes with him for two years.