48. The Real Me

A/N: Sorry its so short because I wasn't even going to include this scene at first. But It's fun to see Nick have fun so here you go.

Nicks POV

We arrived at Mr Grahams house, and luckily Harris didn't seem suspicious of anything. I was thankful that Mr Graham was still gone for the day, maybe out looking for his own victim or just at the school grading papers.

"You live here? The forest is nice." Harris said, his eyes scanning the trees with appreciation.

"Yep." I smiled, my eyes landing on his belt where I noticed his black handcuffs. He looked over and noticed me checking them out.

"I carry them around in case I ever have to make an off duty arrest." He said and I nodded.

"Have you ever used them?" I asked and he gave a nod.

"Of course," He said, a small smile on his lips, feeling a sense of pride.

"Mind if I give them a go? I want to see if I can get out of them." I gestured towards the cuffs. Harris raised an eyebrow, looking at me with a hint of curiosity.

"Sure," he shrugged with a smile, and I extended my wrists towards him.

He secured the cuffs around my hands and I made an effort to free myself, to no avail. A smirk crept across my face, knowing that Harris had unknowingly restrained the infamous Coal Creek Killer.

"You caught me." I said with a sinister grin, knowing full well he would likely think back to this moment in the future, and be sick with regret at how close he came to capturing me. "Hey, let me try them on you," I suggested playfully, prompting Harris to chuckle and roll his eyes at my amusement.

"I'm not sure about that." He said with a smile, but seemed to be considering me.

I watched as he retrieved the key to unlock the cuffs.

"Is that the only key?" I asked, wondering if I could truly hold him captive.

"Yeah, it's the only one I have, but if I happened to misplace it, any of the keys at the station could set you free," he replied with a nod.

His hands were gentle as he unlocked the cuffs. I wondered if he treated all criminals this way or if it was just because we were friends. After releasing me, he took my hand and placed the cuffs and key in my grasp, his gaze locked with mine, signaling his trust. Seeing the opportunity, I couldn't resist. I smirked with a playful glint in my eye as I fastened the cuffs tightly around his wrists, making sure they were secure.

"Can you escape?" I asked, and he pulled on the cuffs, just as I had, to test his freedom.

I was tempted to swallow the handcuff key entirely but decided to discretely drop it in the crack between my seat and the door. Harris didn't seem to notice as he struggled in the cuffs, still attempting escape.

"Nope." he chuckled.

"Great. You're not going anywhere," I grinned, and he laughed, assuming I was joking.

"I didn't know you were this kinky." Harris joked, his eyes scanning my hands for the key. His smile faltered slightly with confusion when he noticed their absence.

"That's what Markus thought too." I said, satisfied with the restraint. "Before I killed him."

"You..." He couldn't find the words, his mind finding every possible way to take what I said as a joke. "What?"

Harris looked at me in disbelief, his eyes narrowed with suspicion. I could see the fear creeping into his expression as he realized I wasn't joking.

"Markus. He thought I was into some kinky stuff too," I said, nonchalantly. "Oh, by the way, thanks for the introduction. He was a fun one."