31

We all glanced at each other before walking down the tunnel. The door then closed behind us. "Ok. So not creepy," I said as we walked down the dimly lit hallway. I slipped my hand into Darius's. He gave my hand a comforting squeeze. I looked at him and my eyes landed on his scar. It wasn't a scab anymore, but a pale line across his eye.

Brooklynn stopped and stared down a tunnel before running towards the door on the end of it.

"Guys, come on," Kenji said as he followed her. We followed him.

Brooklynn slid her finger across that had a lock symbol on it, which turned green. The door the slid open. We all gasped. The door opened to reveal a redwood forest. The chirping of birds could be heard as I watched them fly from branch to branch. We slowly walked into the forest as the door closed behind us.

"Guys, do you remember how, like, five seconds ago we were in a desert?" Brooklynn asked.

"What the heck is this place?" Sammy questioned.

The ground started to rumble. Heavy footsteps that sounded familiar. We all looked around.

"No, it can't be," Yaz said.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say that feels like a..." Sammy trailed off as a snarl was heard. I notched in an arrow. A huge foot emerged from the trees.

"T-rex," I finished for Sammy.

The T-rex charged out of the trees and roared at us. We all screamed as we scurried away from it.

Yaz just froze. "Yaz! We need to move!" I yelled as I grabbed her wrist and dragged her along.

"You have got to be kidding me!" Kenji yelled.

We all dove and hid behind a rock. The T-rex roared as it ran past and disappeared around a tree. We moved and watched as a second T-rex came out and roared at the first one.

"Does every island have dinosaurs now?" Brooklynn asked as she covered her ears.

"Let's ask her," Ben said as he motioned towards a dark skinned woman eating a sandwich. She watched the T-rexes and tapped on the tablet she was holding.

She lifted her head and dropped her jaw in shock, her sandwich falling out. She then made her way over to us.

My grip tightened on the arrow in my bow. We had really bad luck with adults lately.

"You're trespassing. What are you up to? Are you here to spy?" The woman asked as she covered her tablet.

"Yeah, we're an elite band of teenage spies," Kenji sarcastically says.

Should be a traumatized in there somewhere.

"Are you crazy? You're eating a sandwich in the middle of a T-rex fight?" Brooklynn harshly asked.

"First of all, they're not fighting. They're pla-"

Darius cut her off. "Playing! Cranio-facial biting! It's true!" Craina whatta?

"Uh, yes. Don't change the subject!" The woman narrowed her eyes at us. Do I... shoot?

"Lady, we don't wanna be here either. We just wanna go home," Yaz spoke up.

"Oh, yeah. We'll see about that. Follow me," the woman said before walking off.

~~~~~~~~

"You really expect me to believe that children survived alone on Isla Nublar for six entire months?" The woman asked as we walked through the jungle.

"Trust me. It's hard for us to believe too," Brooklynn replied.

"Mmm-hmm. I supposed you must be telling the truth, because who would make up such a crazy story if they didn't have to. Not saying that you don't have to or that you're crazy but who knows? I don't know you, you don't know me for that matter. Am I yammering on? I've been out here for the better part of the month with no one to talk to and I guess I had more to say than I realized," the woman rambled.