15

Kenji and Brooklynn were gone. So was Hap.

"Where did everyone go?" Sammy asked.

"Hap's gone too," Mitch said.

I looked over at Darius. "What if Brooklynn was right?" I questioned. "Chris, if anything was wrong, I'm sure Brooklynn would have left something," Darius reassured. I bit the side of my lip, unsure whether to belive that.

"BROOKLYNN! KENJI!" I yelled, cupping my hands around my mouth.

"Guys!?" Yaz yelled.

"We should check the yurts," Sammy suggested. I checked the bathroom yurt. Nothing.

"They're not in the bathroom yurt," I said, "Maybe the bedroom?" Darius looked inside but, again, nothing.

"They aren't here. They're all gone. Vanished. Brooklynn and Kenji must be in trouble," Yaz stated.

Tiff turned to us with a forced smile. "Children, Mitch and I are going to have a quick grown-up conference. So stay pit and we'll BRB, okay?" She said to us, taking hold of Mitch's arm tightly. We hesitantly nodded as they walked off.

"This is insane," I whispered, "Brooklynn, Kenji, and Hap are missing and Tiff and Mitch aren't helping us look."

"Chris, you're overreacting," Darius stated. "Am I?" I asked, "I think I'm reacting normally. They went missing on a island full of dinosaurs and that doesn't concern you?" Darius didn't answer. "Exaclty, so next time I'm 'overreacting' just remember where we are," I said, glaring at Darius.

"Alright y'all, let's calm down. Kenji and Brooklynn are probably fine, but if it makes you feel any better, we can ask Tiff and Mitch if we can start searching yet," Sammy says.

I nodded and looked over at the couple. They were talking to each other about cameo nets and night vision goggles from two years ago.

"Hey, uh... are we sure we need all this to look for Brooklynn, Kenji, and Hap?" Darius asked awkwardly.

The two froze up. Mitch slowly glanced at Tiff, who waved at us with a forced grin and stalked off quickly. Mitch turned to us, smiled, and scratched the back of us head.

"We just want to be prepared for whatever we encounter along the way. After all, the boat will be here in three days. You wanna be rescued in one piece, don't you?" He questioned.

"Wait, you said the boat will be here in two days," Yaz said, catching that small detail.

Mitch turned back towards the table. "Two to three days, right babe?"

"One hundred percent, mhm," Tiff agreed, "Now let's grab the stuff from Hap's yurt."

"Hap said no one was allowed in his yurt," I reminded, crossing my arms. Hap had absolutely lost it when Kenji and Brooklynn tried getting in.

Tiff forced smile at me, before taking a bar from her duffel bag and handing it to me. "Alright, why don't you guys have some chocolate, it's from France," she informed. She then lightly shoved me in the opposite direction.

The others stood up as Tiff walked towards her husband. I wrapped the chocolate and took a hesitant bite. Nothing tasted weird. I passed it to Sammy, who also took a bite.

"I can be the only one who thought that was weird," Yaz said, taking the bar from Sammy and taking a bite, "How do you forget what day the boat is coming back?"

"Maybe we can quietly sneak off and-" Darius loudly cleared is throat.

"Something wrong?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.