18

No one moved. No one even took a breath. Brooklynn, who just arrived in her gyrosphere, covered her mouth in shock. The rest of the campers, looked in Darius's direction in disbelief. Even Darius had wide eyes. He turned around.

Mitch smile faded as he looked down to see blood spilling from his chest. "I'll be damned," he muttered. With that, he fell to the ground. Tiff gasped.

Everyone slowly turned their gaze to where the shot had come from.

It was Chris.

She held Tiff's gun, which was smoking from bore. She lowered it with a sicken expression. "I s-shot him, huh," she stuttered, "I-I f-feel sick."

"You little-" Tiff started, slowly advancing towards Chris, when she was cut off by the ground rumbling. Eveyone turned to see the dinos running back. At the back of the herd, was the T-rex.

I dropped the gun and ran back towards Leia. I hoped on her back and grabbed the reins, ignoring the churning in my stomach. Did I really just do that?

"Go, go," I said. Leia squawked and took off. I saw that Darius hoped in the gyrosphere with Brooklynn.

The others managed to get away from Rexy and the herd. We all met up at the docks. I landed Leia and patted her neck. Tiff had managed to get on the boat before and was sailing away.

She was shouting curses at us, but they were mainly pointed at me. I could understand. I did... ya know.

Kenji arrived on his bike and he jumped off it. The bike drove into the fence and fell over. Kenji sighed and fell to his knees. "Wow, what a drama queen," I snipped.

Darius and Brooklynn went to help Kenji up and Ben, Yaz, and Sammy showed up on Bumby. I watched as Yaz and Sammy gave Brooklynn and Kenji hugs. We all turned to see Darius and Ben hugging and, with Sammy dragging me over, we all joined their hug.

"Camp fam!" Sammy cheered.

"Hugging too long," Yaz wheezed.

"So, what now?" Kenji asked. We all turned to stare at the empty dock. "Find another distress beacon?"

"No, we're done waiting for someone to save us. It's time we found our own way off island," Darius said.

They turned to wall back to camp and I went to Leia. Darius walked over to me. "Hey, Chris," he said. "Hi," I responded. He looked at Leia. "When did this happen?" he asked. "Long story short, she attacked me and I found away to fly on her," I answred. Darius smiled.

His face then turned serious. "Are you ok?" he asked. "I'm fine," I answered. "Are you sure, considering-" I cut Darius off. "Look I already said I was fine, let it go," I snapped. Darius looked in shock at me. I hoped on Leia and took off towards camp.

When I got there, the others weren't here yet. I landed and patted her neck. I climbed the ladder and sat on the sofa. I just stared at my hands.

I'm still in shock at what I did. Did I really kill Mitch? I only did because he would have shot Darius. If I didn't, Darius would be dead. My heart started pounding in my chest. But... does that make me better than Tiff and Mitch. I think so, because I did it to save Darius. But did the others see it that way? Does Darius see it that way? Does he hate me? My heart was beating so fast I felt it in my stomach. A wave of nausea hit me. But, I need to know how the others see me now. Am I still the same to them? Am I still the same to me?

I felt a weight in my jacket. I went into the zippered pocket on the inside of my jacket and pulled out a dog tag necklace. I held it in my hands, tears springing my eyes. I rubbed my thumb over the name.

Diego Guenva-Malagkzai

I heard chatter and footsteps getting closer. I shoved the necklace into its pocket and zipped it back up. Just in time as Yaz's head popped up from the ladder. "Hey Chris," she said. I waved in response. The others followed. Darius looked at me with a look that was hard to read. I think it was sympathy.

Everyone started talking about how we are going to get off the island. I was zoned out though. Thinking about what was happening and has happend.

What the hell did I do?

<><><><><><><><>

Really short chapter today. But we are officially done with season two. I can't wait to write season five I got something BIG planned. Until then, keep an eye out for foreshadowing. Until next chapter!

Fulcrum out!