13

Darius was lying on the ground watching a group of Compis sleep, and I was right next to him. I watched as he scribbled notes down in this notebook he found. Of course, me being me, I tried a couple of times to pet the Compies and Darius kept slapping my hand away.

Kenji then came out of nowhere and scared the Compies away. "Shoo! You little retro iguanas," he said. The Compies shrieked and scurried away while Kenji picked up the fabric they were sleeping on.

Darius sent Kenji an annoyed look before getting up. I climbed up the ladder up to the lookout tower and grabbed the pairs of binoculars that were there and looked around. No dinos in sight. I grabbed a piece of vine and slid down the zipline into the camp.

"Hey Chris," Yaz said. "Hey," I responded. A can of fruit rolled across the ground and hit Yaz's foot. "Sorry Yaz," Sammy called out. "It's cool," Yaz responded, "And another one." Yaz marked down on the chalkboard another day we where stuck here. She then sat sat next to Darius before an empty jug was thrown.

"No mas agua. Little help," Kenji said, waving his arm. "Kenji I didn't know you speak Spanish. Yo también hablo español. ¿Qué es lo que más te gusta decir?" I said.

There was a long pause. "No mas agua," Kenji said. I chuckled. "I gotcha Kenj," Darius said, picking up the empty jug.

"If you keep doing for him he'll never learn to do it himself," Yaz said. Darius shrugged before going down the slide we installed.

"Uh guys?" We heard Darius called. We all, minus Kenji, went down to see what Darius was calling us about.

The river was empty.

"Woah, where'd all the water go?" Sammy questioned.

"Why don't we ask Mr. Forty-five minute shower?" Yaz suggested as Kenji came down, drying his hair.

"Hey, looking good is part of my brand. Besides, there is no way I drained an entire river," Kenji defended. I noticed that Brooklynn slid down into the empty stream and climb out to the other side.

"We better figure out what's up. We're going to run out of water. Lets-" "Shhh!" Brooklynn shushed, interupting Darius.

We all went silent and stared at her. "I heard that hum again," Brooklynn said, making all of us groan, "The river must have been drowning it out. If I follow that, I can find-"

"The frozen patch of flowers," We all said in unison,cutting Brooklynn off.

"Oh, I've mentioned it, huh?" Brooklynn asked.

"You mean the frozen patch of flowers you saw once and never found again? Yeah, a few hundred times," Kenji answered.

"Uh, sorry for wanting to get to the bottom of all this weirdness. I came here to unbox-"

"Unbox Jurassic World and that's what I'm gonna do," We synced, cutting Brooklynn off again.

"If you're gonna look for the noise, I'll come too, if that's okay?" Sammy asked, running to the other side of the river, "It'd be nice to have an adventure for fun reasons, and not for a 'fleeing dinos and facing imminent death' reason."

"I'll go if Sammy is," Yaz said, running to join the others, "And Brooklynn too."

"I'll go too, just so I don't have to be stuck with Kenji," I said, walking other to them.

"Woo! It's a Camp Cretaceous girl adventure!" Sammy exclaimed, pulling us into a group hug.

"Great, you do that and Kenji and I will figure out why the river stopped," Darius stated.