10

The Pt-don dropped Ben and me and Darius tried pulling him up.

Expect out grip was slipping.

Right as Ben slipped out of Darius's hand I quickly snatched Ben's wrist, tightening my grip. Thankfully, he didn't fall. Darius grabbed onto his other wrist and Ben looked up at us, smiling. We were almost out of the situation.

A Pt-don came out of nowhere and knocked Ben out of our grip. "NO!" I screamed.

We all watched in horror as Ben fell and the Pt-dons went after him. It was dead silent as eveyone stared where Ben once was. "i let go," I heard Darius whisper. I looked at him with tears in my eyes as he just stared at his hands. He can't be blaming himself. Can he?

"He's... he's gone," Yaz muttered.

"I won't believe it!" Sammy exclaimed as she ran to the side of the monorail but Yaz held her back. "No!" Sammy cried.

I put my hand on Darius's shoulder and he looked at me. We made eye contact and a small tear ran down his face. I reached out and wiped it away, my hand lingering on his cheek for a second. I quickly removed my hand, realizing what happened. Darius looked up at me, before he shot his head up and looked around.

"We're going back," he muttered. Everyone looked at him in confusion. "The monorail's going back!" He yelled.

"What do you mean 'going back'?" Brooklynn asked.

"When we switched tracks, we ended up going on one heading north. We not heading for the south docks, we're going away from them!" Darius explained. He ran up to the control panel and started hitting buttons, but nothing happened. "Doesn't anything work!? We need to off this monorail now!" He exclaimed.

"Oh! T-the tracks dip down up ahead! We can jump there!" Brooklynn announced.

"What?" Kenji asked.

"Jump?" Sammy questioned.

"We can't jump! It's too far!" Yaz pointed out.

"Why thanks for pointing that out Captain Obvious. If you wanna stay here that's fine with me, but don't let your ghost come crying to us when the Pt-dons come back," I said. Yaz looked at me. "I'm jumping," she said.

We all gathered at the edge of the monorail. Now is not a really good time to mention I'm afraid of heights. I unconsciously slipped my hand into Darius's.

"One... two... three... NOW!" Darius said and we all yelled as we jumped from the monorail. We hit a couple of trees on the way down. When I hit the ground, I landed on something soft and warm. "We're alive. We're alive! Ah!" I looked down to see I was on top of Darius. "I'm glad my ribcage broke your fall," he said in a strained voice. I quickly got off of him and helped him up. "And I thank you for that," I said.

I looked around and said, "Alright, who's not dead. Sound off." Mutiple groans were heard. "Alright so that's Kenji, Brooklynn, Yaz, Sammy, and me and Darius are alive," I muttered causing Darius to laugh. There was another flutter in my chest. Am I... Nnnnoooooooo, I thought.

"Bumby? Where's Bumby?" Kenji asked, "I lost her when we hit the ground. She's gotta be here. Bumby. Bumby!" Brooklynn ran over to shush him.

"Shhh. There are still dinosaurs out here, including Toro and-" "BUMBY!" Kenji yelled, cutting Brooklynn off.

"We gotta look for her, don't we? And Ben! He might still be-" "How? We don't even know where they are!" Yaz said, cutting Sammy off.

"Attention. All park goers must report to the South docks for immediate evacuation. Last ferry leaves in 60 minutes," the automated voice rang.