16

Yaz and I were running when the bright light startle us. We yelped and fell to the ground. The motorcycle swerved out of the way.

"Yaz, Chris?" We looked up and saw Brooklynn and Kenji. They got off their bike and ran to us.

"We got big news!" Brooklynn said.

"You're not gonna believe-" I cut Kenji off.

"Mitch and Tiff have Darius and Sammy!" I said. "He's leading them to the water hole so they can kill the dinosaurs!" Yaz continued.

"Darius would never do that," Kenji said. I gasped as I remember the bawled up piece of paper. I unfolded it and my eyes manded on the red 'X'.

"You're right, he's them here," I said, pointing to the X.

Main Street.

Home of the T-rex.

"Wait, Chris, Yaz you need to know-" Yaz cut Kenji off. "No time, we need to know Darius's plan."

"What?" Brooklynn questioned, "He's taking them to Main Street?"

We heard a loud growl. Yaz and I turned in alarm. She fell back and tried scooting away. I grabbed her under her shoulders and heaved her up. A familiar teal Ankylosaurus emerged from the bushes.

"Bumby?" Yaz and I said in unison.

We looked up and saw... Ben.

"Hey," He said, hopping off Bumby's back, "Chris, Yasmina." Yaz rushed forward and gave him in a big hug.

"You're a hugger now, Fadoula?" Ben questioned.

"I... still... have mixed feelings about it," Yaz said, breaking the hug.

"Move, my turn," I said, lightly shoving Yaz. I engulfed Ben in a giant hug. "Woah, missed you too Chris," he said. "Never, ever, scare me like that again," I said, letting him go. "I'll add it to the list," Ben replied.

"Yeah, yeah, we have been trying to you about it, but more pressing news, Darius isn't taking Tiff and Mitch to the watering hole," Brooklynn said, handing Ben the map.

"What? Why is he taking them to the T-rex?" Ben questioned.

It clicked. "Terrain advantage," I said, "Darius and Sammy know the land, Tiff and Mitch don't. It'll much easier to lose them on Main Street then in the jungle."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go help them!" Yaz exclaimed.

"Yes! Bumby and I are ready to roll!" Ben shouted.

"Uh, big problemo, there's no way we'll make it to Main Street before they do," Kenji pointed out.

"Well, there is one obvious short cut," Brooklynn said, motioning to the ground.

"Down there? You must be joking, don't you remember the last time?" Kenji questioned, "Not only is it dark and creepy, but we almost died! Nope! No go for Kenji!" Yaz and I looked at each other.

"Why did you talk me into to this!" Kenji cried as we raced down the tunnel. He gripped tighter onto Brooklynn. Yaz and I were on Bumby with Ben.

"We're doing this!" Brooklynn cheered. Kenji was giving directions.

"Left!" He cried. Brooklynn slowly turned the corner and we followed. "Now right! Right!" Brooklynn sharply turned the corner.

"Could you do those turns with a little less murder?" Kenji asked. Brooklynn hit the brakes as we approached the gates. Ben, Yaz, and I hopped off Bumby and Ben tapped the gate.