12

We were all sitting around a tree that Darius was in. He was looking around with binoculars.

Kenji was throwing rocks against the tree Yaz was leaning on. She got annoyed and caught the rock he threw. Kenni was about to throw another one but dropped it at Yaz's glare.

Darius climbed back down and sighed. "Good new?" Sammy asked.

"The Pteranodons are nesting on the eastern mountains, so that's out," Darius answered.

"Ugh, bad news," Sammy groaned while she pulled out a map of the island.

"So we can't stay on Main Street because dinosaurs. Mountains, grasslands and jungle are out because of dinosaurs," Brooklynn explained.

"And Kenji's penthouse is out because he sucks at math," I added while giving Kenji a look.

"Hey, I didn't think my dad was serious when he said he'd change the locks if I failed algerbra. Totally not my fault," Kenji defended.

"That is actually completely your fault," Yaz said.

"Okay, well whatever. This island is full of dinosaurs so we're cooked," Kenji said.

"We can't give up yet. We set off the emergency beacon. We just need to find somewhere safe to hold up until rescue arrives," Sammy said.

"Where? It's been days. We're out of options," Yaz said.

"Actually, there is one place we haven't tried yet, but I'm not sure you're going to like it," Darius said. We all sent them looks as Darius lead us through the forest to.....

Our old trashed camp.

"Really!? Didn't we specifically run away from here?" Kenji questioned.

"Just here me out. There's a stream for fresh water. We've got trees and mountains to protect us from weather and dinosaur attacks," Brooklynn cleared her throat and Darius corrected himself, "Okay, not all dinosaur attacks. But if you were coming to rescue a bunch of campers, wouldn't camp be the first place you'd looked? And we've even got supplies to build a shelter. They're, uh, broken supplies but we could do it! Right, Chris, Brooklynn?" Darius turned to me and Brooklynn.

"Huh?" I questioned.

"Chris, you've must have learned something about survival in military school and Brooklynn, you must have made a video about building a shelter?" Darius asked.

"Right, all you do is videos," Kenji said.

"Excuse me!? I do more than videos. I have a whole life ya know!" Brooklynn exclaimed, before crossing her arms and mumbling, "But yes, okay, I help raise a barn for 'Unboxing Amish Country.' Just saying."

"I knew it," Yaz said.

"Ooo, I love that one," Sammy said.

"What are we waiting for. Let's clear this stuff," Yaz said, limping over to the debris. We all looked at each other.

"Hey Yaz, maybe it best if you sit this one out," Darius said nervously.

"What? No, I'm totally- whoa!" Yaz fell on her back, panting in pain, "It's nothing. I'm fine. I wanted to be on the ground anyway." "Sure," I said making Yaz glare at me.

"It's not nothing. Yaz, you need to rest your ankle. All that running for days didn't help," Sammy said.

Darius pulled out a map of the island and looked at it. I looked over his shoulder. "Based on this symbol, it looks like there's some kind of medical station nearby. We'll see if we can find something for your ankle there. You just rest here," He said.