6

We were at the observation tower, trying to open the gate door but it wouldn't open.

After trying to bash it, Kenji gave up. "It's locked!" He said.

"Oh, wow. Guess we can't get in. We should all go back before someone comes along and we get in trouble," Ben said, turning around to walk back.

"Wait... where is everybody?" Kenji asked.

We all looked around to realize Kenji was right.

"Uh, there's usually someone around right?" Sammy asked.

I got impatient and whipped out my pocket knife. "If we're doing this... then we might as well do this," I said as the door unlocked and swung open, "Ta-da!"

Everyone looked at me with confusion.

"Three years of military school," I said, twirling my knife before putting it away.

"Last one to top is a rotten egg!" Sammy said. "Later rotten eggs!" Yaz exclaimed as she ran up the stairs. "Yeah and first one there is eating it!" I shouted. We all followed her, laughing trying to beat her.

We all reached the top, panting and out of breath.

"Is anybody else hot?" Sammy asked, "Woah it's hot!"

I fell on my back, trying to catch my breath. "Note to self. Never run up stairs while yelling," I said.

"No more stairs," Kenji said as he collapsed on the stairs. "There better be something good," Brooklynn said.

Suddenly a loud rumbling caused everyone to shoot up. Well, my breath was suddenly back. We all go to the railing and look out into the distance.

As the rumbling grew closer, I found myself inching closer to Darius.

"There's something out there," Brooklynn said. "Something big," Darius said.

Then a head emerges from the trees. Everyone let out a breath when we realized it was a Brachiosaurus.

"Ooh! Mystery solved. Guessed we should head back now," Ben said.

"But that doesn't make any sense. Brachiosaurus don't roar like that. They're more like." Darius tries to imitate a Brachiosaurus call, which caused my to giggle because right now he was acting my five-year old cousin.

"Didn't quite catch that. Uh, one more time," Kenji said teasingly. Darius rolled his eyes when we all heard shouting.

We looked down to see two guys yelling at us, but we were too high up to hear them.

"What are they saying?" Sammy asked.

Both me and Darius shrugged.

"Oh, great! They look mad. I told you we'd get in trouble," Ben said.

"You're gonna have to speak up!" Kenji shouted down to the men, "I got this."

The roar was heard again and the Brachiosaurus beloved out in pain before it collapsed to the ground. We all screamed and backed away.

The men kept shouting at them and a huge white dinosaur emerged from the forest. Before they could try an escape, the dinosaur ate them alive. Then she let out an ear piercing roar, probably to establish dominance.

We all watched, paralyzed in fear that the dino would see us. "What is that," Yaz asked, staring at the dino. "It got him! It got him!" Ben cried out in fear, hiding behind Yaz. Brooklynn gasped.

"Dr. Wu's lab. There was a dinosaur. In-" "Indominus Rex," Sammy said, cutting Brooklynn off. "How do you know that name," Brooklynn asked Sammy. "But there's no dinosaur named-"